Picked it Up

Catherine

Hi Catherine,

What year, model, spec etc?

Of course, it's a great car in pretty much any incarnation (although Phoenix Yellow is an acquired taste wink.gif).

I'm sure pics and a write-up once you've got a few miles under your belt will be appreciated by all beerchug.gif

Okay, it is a March 2003 M3 Coupe.

Steel Grey with Imola Red Leather

19" wheels

Harmon Kardon

Heated Seats

It has just done 25,000 mile and is a BMW Approved used car. With the exception of a few scuffs on plastic trim and some stone chips on the sides/bonnet you really wouldnt know it was a used car.

[ QUOTE ]

some stone chips on the sides/bonnet you really wouldnt know it was a used car.

[/ QUOTE ]

Give it a few months of ownership and there'll be even more there!

If I had a criticism it'd be that the M3 front end is too chippable. My Titanium Coupe didn't show them too badly, but the Phoenix shows them REALLLY badly and the BMW touch-up pen is utter garbage.

It's way too dark. So much so that I'm not touching any more of them up. Instead I'm going to keep them ultra polish and glossed and waxed for protection. They're very small, but the darkness of the touch-up makes them stand out (although my eyes are drawn to them anyway of course because I know they're there!!).

Havent got any chips yet as such, but not long ago was doing a fair pace down the A331 and a large branch came off the back of a council lorry and I hit it. I thought....."Grrrrrreat! FIREdevil.gif". Had a close look when I got home and I have got away with a small chip to the front spolier and a shattered fog lamp. Could have been a lot worse though. Apart from chips, I have got a few light scratches on the bonnett which I can only put down to either foxes or pussies sitting on the car when the engine is warm. Bought a car cover a while back, but scrathes are still appearing. Time to get the airgun out I think!

Catherine....

Attach them when you preview your post (Document attach bit underneath your post before you click Submit).

Then....click on the attachment in your post in the forum.

Copy the URL of the picture that appears in your Browser Address Bar.

Then, go back to the post, EDIT it, and click IMAGE..pasting the code from the Address Bar into the content of your post.

Hey presto. Pic in post.

[ QUOTE ]

Paints have got a lot softer ever since they started removing the lead content from it... i think! Hence why stonechips are easier to come by frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I would seriously consider some kind of treatment for the bonnet and wings - that's how bad I think it is.

[ QUOTE ]

Havent got any chips yet as such, but not long ago was doing a fair pace down the A331 and a large branch came off the back of a council lorry and I hit it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love the A331! In the wet and on a quiet early morning you can come off the hogsback, slide around the roundabout as you come round it, slide the other way slightly as you join the A331 and then blast smoothly right up to as fast as you dare. It's fun even in my 320ci "repmobile".

I'm always a little worried the police might one day sit on one of the many bridges. Great smooth road though.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm always a little worried the police might one day sit on one of the many bridges. Great smooth road though.

[/ QUOTE ]

They do now and again cos I have seen them but usually down the other end at the Frimley turn off and also on the slip road where it changes to 50 before the roundabout. fekr.gifs

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Havent got any chips yet as such, but not long ago was doing a fair pace down the A331 and a large branch came off the back of a council lorry and I hit it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love the A331! In the wet and on a quiet early morning you can come off the hogsback, slide around the roundabout as you come round it, slide the other way slightly as you join the A331 and then blast smoothly right up to as fast as you dare. It's fun even in my 320ci "repmobile".

[/ QUOTE ]

Markus, as you come off the hogsback, and approach the roundabout to take the A331 on the right, there is ALWAYS and ambulance parked there in the layby, to the left of the roundabout, with a police car behind it. When ambulance and police car arent there, there is either a silver mondeo or dark grey Range Rover parked there.

I only go round it sideways when there isnt anything parked there at all. I love that stretch of road too, specially overtaking all the TVRs that travel down there towards the M3 every morning!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They do now and again cos I have seen them but usually down the other end at the Frimley turn off and also on the slip road where it changes to 50 before the roundabout. fekr.gifs

[/ QUOTE ]

Nasty crash down there by that 50mph zone a few weeks back. The lane was out of action for a bit, while they tried to repair the traffic lights that were ploughed down!

The road into Camberley from this roundabout is good fun as well, often see a few 911s and Ferraris blasting down there past Watchmore Park firth thing in the morning, while I gracefully poodle along in my Espace.