Windows 2000 Active Directory help!

a4tdi130

Does anybody know a way that I can update a specific setting on a whole bunch of active directory users in Win2k server all in one go?

I want to update all of the terminal server session idle timeouts to 1 hour.

For various reasons, creating a group to do this is not an option - I need a script or tool that will allow me to update them all at user level.

There are about 400 users to do and each one takes about 30 seconds, so that's a good 4 hours of mouse clicking if there is no easier way!

Windows Terminal Server, but that isn't important - what's important is being able to update bulk AD settings for a load of users, rather than clicking on everyone individually.

It has to be done at user level, per user. It's a lot more complicated than I want to go in to on this thread, suffice to say I have to update the session settings at user level.

Loads of tools for AD out there. Did have a look at these a while back, most of the good ones cost a bit! but in the ended up playing about with CSV files for all my values to import and ammend. Have to admit if you have to manualy select or import the individual users into your params then prob just as well doing it manually or by login script - some sort of "if member" value to a group (I know you said that you did not want a group but that's the basics of AD!)

Many a time I have spent more man hours "automating" something than the actual task would have taken in the first place.

Good luck anyway

[ QUOTE ]

One of the Tabs allows you to set a time out on idle

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, but I knew this, my problem is that I _need_ to set it at user level smile.gif

I've found a couple of tools that would do it, but they are expensive, and I have to have it done tonight so am half way through doing manually. Not to worry, thanks for the effort guys - much appreciated!