75 moves to china?

News_Stig

Isn't today the last day though to formally have proposals for the plant accepted? As I understand PWC have already extended the deadline by 1 week and if nothing solid is agreed today then the sale of assets begins.

It would be good if production of the 75 is continued because I think it is the best car in their line-up and doesn't deserve to be placed on the scrap heap.

Edit - I thought so, linky here!

The Chinese Leadership already have a car of choice. It's the Merc S Class. I once saw a shipping compound with 30 new S500s ready to go to Beijing and regional SEZ leadership. The 75 wouldn't even register with those guys, but would make ideal middle management fodder.

[ QUOTE ]

It would be good if production of the 75 is continued because I think it is the best car in their line-up and doesn't deserve to be placed on the scrap heap.

[/ QUOTE ]

The best car in Rovers line-up doesn't make it a good car.

I personally think that the scrap heap is the only place for it.Although it saddens me that so many regular people will have lost their jobs and the British car industry has almost become non-existant over night,you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear.If the 75 had been half decent and a viable proposition to that market sector then the inevitable possibly wouldn't have happened.

As I've said on here before,many a time I've seen 75's with their bonnet up and a disgruntled owner wondering why the hell he didn't look away from home for his purchase.I'm afraid it's just not acceptable nowadays from any manufacturer. frown.gif