R32 is going and fatherhood is arriving 20th May

scorcher

Sadly my R32 is off to the Lexus dealer as a straight swap (plus £1k) on a Lexus IS300 Sportcross...

GV04LOD.jpg

Went to see on in real life at the dealer in Guildford, ended up taking it it for a long drive with heavily pregnant wife and she thought it was fantastic - and I was very very impressed - soooooooo many toys! And no hesitation at all in the auto box (unlike my old BMW 528) - didn't try the steering wheel gear change as I thought that might be best left until I'm on my own! Didn't realise how little they look like 'estates' in the flesh - much more like long hatchbacks, if that makes any sense.

It's a 2004 Sportcross Navigator in Platinum Ice with black leather, ex demo in mint condition - couple of stonechips they are going to sort out and it'll have a brand new set of rims under warranty (all of them had bubbled, which was a bit odd). It hadn't been prepared for sale yet, so am sure they would have sorted the faults anyway.

They offered me a very good trade in price for the R32, and as it was filthy inside and out (wasn't expecting to trade it at all) and I'll be collecting it next Friday.

Very impressed with the customer service too - nice to be treated as a human (remember I'm used to VW and BMW dealers)

So that was a little faster than I was planning on changing cars, but it's all done now!

It's been nice loitering here boys & girls - thanks for all the advice and fun

169144-ok.gif but time to be a semi grown up now with a semi grown up car!

If anyone wants an 03 5dr Deep Blue Pearl R32 with black leather and 20k on the clock, for anything over £18250 and can get me the money by Thursday 19th May then it's all yours!

All the mods that were on it, they are now on eBay here...

My R32 goodies

And those nearly new wheels in mint condition are here...

19" BBS CHs with Goodyear Eagle F1s

Damn and after fitting the new CHs and tyres as well! I know exactky what you've been thikming, as my wee sprog arrives in August and I have the same thoughts swirling around my head.... what do I do, R32 or something family orientated?

Anyway, nice choice of car, shame R32s aren't for babies, but needs must and theres always other cars out there when the time is right!

smile.gif169144-ok.gif

Oh, and all the best for the 20th!

smile.gif

We ran with a 2 door for a while, and it got too difficult for my wife lifting the baby and seat in and out of the car, hence the 5dr R32. Being old and practical now, I have to admit having 5 doors is a bonus at times.

And scorcher, I love the Lexus' 169144-ok.gif

Thanks for the comments fellas!

The other reason for needing a slight larger car is that my mother in law has MS so it would make life much easier if I could get her wheelchair in the boot on occasion too.

And that Lexus has pretty much every gadget possible - have a look at the spec...

Xenon Headlamps, Multiple airbags, Multi CD Player, Remote central door locking, Automatic headlamps, Leather upholstery, Satellite Navigation, Electric mirror operation, Heated front seats, Front fog lights, Adjustable steering column, Rear Spoiler, Leather Trim, Electric sunroof, Air Conditioning, Sunroof, Electrical folding wing mirrors, Alloy Wheels, Stereo, Central Door Locking, 17" alloy wheels, Alarm, Immobiliser, Electric Seats, Power Steering, Heated Seats, Climate control, Cruise control, CD Player, Electric windows, ABS, 9 Speaker Stereo System, Alarm & Immobiliser, Electrically Controlled Front Seat(s), Hid Headlamps, Rear Privacy Glass, Speed Sensitive Power Steering, Steering Wheel Mounted E-shift, Sports Suspension, Electric Exterior Mirrors, Airbag(s), Traction Control System, Fog Lamps

ECLIPSe.gif