clio 182 or civic type R

jonny23

Do you make an effort to celebrate St. George's day in public, including simply going to the pub dur  

1. 1. Do you make an effort to celebrate St. George's day in public, including simply going to the pub dur

• Yes, if we want it to be a special day then it's up to us to make it one
    • No, for me it's more about fighting political correctness than actual celebration of the day :I-know-it's-aleading-question-smiley:

[ QUOTE ]

no have not considered the 206 gti 189 have a 206 at the minute but it is the old gti so just fancied a change anything else u think i should be considering ? cooper s ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Think you should have a spin in a gti180 it's a completely different car to the 138gti.

Cooper s yes of course but lots more dosh.

I drove a CTR,Mini, Clio 172 cup, Leon Cupra R back to back and brought a Clio - excellent fun, mini and civic may handle slightly better, but Mini didnt feel fast and Civic I had for a couple of hours and got bored trying to keep it at 9gazillion RPM to get anything out of it.

Clio for me anyday, and if you order new dont forget you can get some lovely paint jobs now. 169144-ok.gif

And welcome to tyresmoke.

but that's my problem with the Clio.They have always been loved by the press and because of this have always had top-drawer performance figures quoted that I have to say I've found pretty optimistic.Whereas Honda V-tecs are the other way round.The figures are always much slower than the car really is.When my friend has taken me out in his Type-R and driven it hard,and I mean really hard it is quite shockingly quick for a hot hatch and I just can't see any Clio I've been in or driven(Williams,172)holding a candle to it.Admittedly I haven't driven a 182,but hey,it's ten brake we're talking about from a N/A engine.That isn't to say that a 182 is anything other than a great car but if I was spending that kind of money on that kind of car I would have to go for the Honda regardless of peoples opinions of the interior/owners etc.

Oh,and 9000rpm is pretty amazing when there's no traffic about! wink.gif

I largely prefer the clio, which is much more "player" that the "civic", thanks to its gauge and its weight reduced.

After the engine of the Japanese can be a little more powerful, but you will not use it all days at 100%.

Now you can choose the seats "récaros" in the clio. 169144-ok.gif

Honda Type R's are anything but boring!!! Banzai power at high revs, and the ability drive it quicker than the Clio once you have mastered the engine characteristics (which are totally different to anything else). The Civic is the faster car, if only by a slim margin to 60mph, but from 60 onwards the Civic starts to trounce the Clio 182. The chassis is sweeter even than the Clio with the Cup chassis upgrade.

You will have to test them both obviously, but if you give the CTR an hour or two it will get into your blood and you will be hooked I'm sure. The Civic doesn't have say Audi build quality, but it's better than the Clio's. Engineering reliability is legendary in Honda cars, but don't believe that Honda's never go wrong: they do! But compared to French cars they ARE in a different league. YOu should have far less to worry about. Also IMO the Clio is a fairly ordinary looking car, barely worth a second glance. The Civic is a bit of pose machine. Everybody wants to look at it 169144-ok.gif That's good and bad. It is a magnet for jealous people and 'yoofs' who might want to steal it or damage it. Plus it does have the undesirable 'Chav' tag (not really deserved but.....). If you can live with that you'll love it mate. Buy the Honda 169144-ok.gif It's worth the xtra money no problem.

just thought i would let you know after many hours of thinking what to go for finally went for the clio because got a brilliant deal. i picked it up yesterday and it was amazing !

this is definately the best car i have ever driven and have no faults on it yet but will keep you all posted. if there is anyone else out there in this same boat theres is not much between them i feel but you can save loads on the clio so i ould recommend to go 4 that. thanks 4 all your help.