[Audi A3/S3] Creeky Windows - Any Ideas?

adeflowers

After some useful help on my last query perhaps someone can help.

I am now a proud & very Happy Owner of an S3, but the driver & passenger windows creek on the rubber seal when they are fully closed, I'm guessing I can lube the rubber with something??

The rest of the car is perfect so this small noise is quite annoying! It's mainly apparent when driving in town as the body flexes I guess over small bumps etc.

Anyone suggest/help?

Cheers.

mine used to do this , give the rubber seals a realyl good clean with some spirits to get it nice and clean, then using vasaline start to work this in to the rubber... dont just put a coat on rub it in, or heat it up and use a paint brush to work it in if you dont want to get your hands mucky , worked a treat on my car 169144-ok.gif

AdeF.....TomK gave me the same advise a little while ago regarding a creek I had with the sides of my hood. I wiped these clean with a wet cloth. Dried it properly with a cotton cloth then lightly lined the seal with a petroleum based lubricant (wasnt Vaseline by the way - I did go out to get some but they only had this monster great pot and everyone was giving me wierd looks so left the shop with a Sunday Sport instead). Its worked wonders and has stopped the creaking. Have also tried this on the top of the windscreen area where the hood sits and locks, worked wonders there.

• 1 month later...

Right - just incase anyone looks back at this. Turns out it's not my windows creaking but the door seal against the body, the slight furry rubber trim around the door seems to have worn this so the rubber connect to the body!

Mr Sheen seems to stop the creaking, but wondering about getting the door seals replaced but not sure on costs.