• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

Craig

Given the endless grief i've had with my Dension over the last few months I am seriously considering alternatives.

[/ QUOTE ]

What problems are those? I'm just about to get round to putting my Dension DMP3A into my S8, so if it's a no go...

Integration issues with the new RNS-E.

Was reasonably well behaved with the RNS-D. i.e the "MyRadio" worked well with the disc selection facility, but it's now starting to get cranky.

Keeps powering up the displays (main unit and satelite screen) when you open drivers door, but doesnt spin the disc!

Powers itself up when you turn on the HU, even if the CD is not the selected source!

And occasionally i've got into the car and found that its running and playing away to itself even though the HU is not on!!! smashfreakB.gif

This morning, the remote display kept flashing when I started up. When (eventually) it did decide to start playing, none of the controls worked (either on the HU or the remote screen), which meant I couldn't do next/prev track/disc.

I've never had it perfectly integrated in the S8, but it did work like a dream in my old golf with the blaupunkt HU.

To be honest, i'm kind of tempted to cut my loses on it, and revert back to my changer for now.

Sorry i meant to say phatnoise frown.gif. As for where to fit it, anywhere out of the way really, glove box/under seat. As for cabling, i dont know anything about these sort of things so i wouldn't know what is there, it's just a mkv gti with the standard rcd 300? + cd changer. Hope this helps. 169144-ok.gif

no picture Craig?

The A3 glovebox is mine smile.gif

Luckily for me Criag lives under 10 minutes away so it wouldn't have been too much of a nightmare if there was a problem fitting given that the A3 glovebox is a little smaller than the A4.

Craig is very professional in his approach and explained exactly what he was doing before and during the whole process.

The end result is fantastic, you really wouldn't know if it was factory fit or not. Well, actually thats a lie, if it was factory fit they would have shoved it in the boot rather than dismantle it and put it in the glovebox wink.gif

Craig has done an amazing job, and the photo of a little black box with a couple of flashing lights nestled in the glovebox really doesn't do justice to the time and effort put in to the fitting of the Phatnoise. 169144-ok.gif169144-ok.gif

Would I recommend Craig? Yes, without hesitation! grin.gif

Of course, there was one small problem, Rachel was with me, and now she wants one for her Polo!

• 1 month later...