Media players (glove box or boot mount) from £350 (depends on disk) fitted

Phatboxes 20GB (glove box or boot mount) £280 fitted

Now available...

A6 & A8 MMI navigation upgrades

A6 & A8 MMI Bluetooth installations

Craig

[/ QUOTE ]

Craig,

Can you do headrest inserted screens as well linked to the centre console RNS-E / TV tuner or is that asking too much?

• 1 month later...

Does the RNS-E display navigation directions on an A8 instrument cluster? If so, does it need a separate TMC box like the RNS-D did, or is that built in to the RNS-E?

Sorry for the dumb questions, but I'm trying to work out whether to put an RNS-D or an RNS-E into my facelifted '99 A8 ..

DWW

[ QUOTE ]

Does the RNS-E display navigation directions on an A8 instrument cluster? If so, does it need a separate TMC box like the RNS-D did, or is that built in to the RNS-E?

Sorry for the dumb questions, but I'm trying to work out whether to put an RNS-D or an RNS-E into my facelifted '99 A8 ..

DWW

[/ QUOTE ]

I cant do screens in the rear, but I know a local company that can.

Also I beleive you can link the TV tuner output to the rear screens, but not the RNS-E.

Craig

[ QUOTE ]

DWW

[/ QUOTE ]

The RNS-E cannot display directions into the A8, it is a compatability issue and just doesn't work. It has a built in TMC and connects straight to the car canbus connections.

Aha. Thanks for clearing that up: I was beginning to wonder why I hadn't found any reports that it had been successfully done!

I assume it can display the radio station/CD track information via the CAN bus, but would need it's CAN-H and CAN-L wires to be connected to the CAN wires behind the instrument cluster to do so?

D

OK, now I understand it's decision time!

Just out of interest, would you say that the advantages of the RNS-E units outweigh the loss of the instrument panel display that the RNS-D does? That seems to be the only real advantage of an RNS-D over RND-E for my car ...

D

Hi Craig

I've got a new (yaaay) A4 Cabriolet (new shape) with a Symphony II headunit, BOSE sound and the phone cradle in the armrest.

Can you let me know if this is a setup you could switch over to RNS (it's important the phone cradle will carry on working) and if so how much ?

PM is fine of course.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

smile.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

Craigyb you have a great knowledge of this stuff so can you answer this:

I have an A3 2003 Sports Quattro and I am trying to fit a multi cd changer. I would like to fit an Audi changer rather and purchase a converter lead.

Could somebody inform me of where the standard changer would fit ( in glove box or boot ) if a cable is already there and which model number would be compatable.

Cheers

Adam

In the A3 8P shape you could put a CD changer in the glovebox, what model is yours 8L or 8P? I have 5 CD changers in stock that are compatible, complete with elads etc.

I also have a boot mount CD changer and lead as you probably wont have a lead already installed.