How many tailpipes does an E36 M3 have?

JamesB

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's just that today I spotted a black E36 convertible on the A40 that didn't look totally like an M3, didn't sound totally like an M3 and, when he had a crack at me, didn't perform totally like an M3. However, he had an M3 badge on the back. I wondered if the single pipe on the left was a giveaway.

[ QUOTE ]

It's just that today I spotted a black E36 convertible on the A40 that didn't look totally like an M3, didn't sound totally like an M3 and, when he had a crack at me, didn't perform totally like an M3. However, he had an M3 badge on the back. I wondered if the single pipe on the left was a giveaway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably a deluded 318iS Coupe driver?

I remember seeing a one pull in when I worked at a petrol station, E46 M3 style vents in the front wings, 4 LED filled exhaust exits, M3 badging, M3 number plate, basically more M's on the thing than a back of sweets with hard crunchy shells and a soft chocolate filling.

I almost pissed myself laughing when I heard 4-cylinders churning away when he started it up.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

There is usually a much bigger giveaway on fake E36 M3's.

....the twin spoked wing mirrors.

They're not cheap and very few people go the whole way and put them on.

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif Funnily enough most Saxo drivers manage to add them tongue.gifjump.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean all those little s**ts are actually driving Saxos, bloody hell I thought they were M3 hatchbacks! How wrong was I! FIREdevil.gif

I can't say I had a close look but I don't think he had twin spoke mirrors.

Why do people do these things? Surely it's not as if you're going to impress anyone. The moment you put your foot down and very little happens, you just look like an eejit. I really don't understand it. But then I guess I'm in a very lucky position in being able to afford a fairly quick car so why should I understand?

<font color="#666666"> Now the owner will probably come on the forum and prove it was an M3 </font>

James, you're wasting your time even trying to comprehend their actions.

They don't think like you, like I, or like most other TSN-er's.

See, they'll be teling their friends that they kept up with you. They geneuinely believe they drive the fastest cars on the roads. They also believe that everyone is looking at them thinking they are driving a Group A rally spec machine that is worth hundreds of thousands of pounds.

They're Chav's. That's what they do.

I have tried understanding them and realised it is futile. I once overheard a conversation between a bunch of Chavs and soon realised I would have to move away for fear of either bursting out laughing or asking them which planet they lived on and why they spoke such downright sh1te.

They're not human.

[ QUOTE ]

Why do people do these things? Surely it's not as if you're going to impress anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just think it makes you look like a shite driver. If someone thinks its an M3, and you race it, you just think that they can't drive. You don't have any respect for them.

On that point, there's an old (same age as E36 3series) 5 series near where I live. I think it looks like a 532i, but it says ALPINA on the back. Was never sure if it was just ultimate 'Q' car, or fake badging. Anyway, met it on the M25 once, and pulled up next to him in the SLK. He tried to race me, but he was a little spec in the mirror. Alpina? Methinks no. 1.gifthe_finger.gif

[ QUOTE ]

They geneuinely believe they drive the fastest cars on the roads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently, the fastest street legal car in the world is a K reg vauxhall calibra (or whatever you call 'em)

Obviously that's just one highly modded one, not all of them...the guy put an 11 point something litre engine in, getting over 1k horsepower (think it was 1400). His front wheels come off the ground while accelorating (0-60 in 1.25 seconds)

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

They geneuinely believe they drive the fastest cars on the roads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently, the fastest street legal car in the world is a K reg vauxhall calibra (or whatever you call 'em)

Obviously that's just one highly modded one, not all of them...the guy put an 11 point something litre engine in, getting over 1k horsepower (think it was 1400). His front wheels come off the ground while accelorating (0-60 in 1.25 seconds)

[/ QUOTE ] lol.gifSMOKE6.GIF

[ QUOTE ]

0-60 in 1.25 seconds is a totally random figure considering the world record for a street legal car is in the region of 2.8 seconds and is the Ultima GTR640.

I'm not entirely sure if he was taking the piss or not....

[/ QUOTE ]

It was on MSN.co.uk news.......probably explains a lot really.