erWin

ocrp

Has anyone used the VW erWin website, and is it worthwhile buying repair manuals on it?

Similarly, can anyone advise on doing repairs on the ventilation/heating system in the car. Are they very complicated and best left to the professionals?

Yep used them, All the manuals are VW own and dont miss parts out like haynes!

you should use Erwin but why dont you just buy a copy of Elsa win of ebay. Has all the info and costs about £20.

For second question? How long a piece of string?

Depends how you feel about doing it? Complicated but not impossable. What car and what do you need to do?

Thanks for your replies.

The problem is the servo on the air recycle flap. It clicks constantly and when put in recycle mode, it only moves to halfway position. I have had a go at it once, but without good instructions, was wary of taking the whole fan box apart. I am happy just to disconnect the part without replacing it, just to stop the clicking. Any suggestions?

is it a VW passat by chance, You have to strip the whole blowermotor part out as the reirculation flat motor is bolted to the side.

If you unplug the servo motor it logs a fault with the air-con unit and it will falsh every time you restart the car.

You can buy them from VW for about £50 but they are a big job to fit, They are tucked up the far passenger side of the dash between the heater box and the main body.

Cant remember if you have the air-con degassed, Was a long time ago I did one.