Make the back of your GTi look better in 5 seconds

Scarlet_Pimp

[ QUOTE ]

In years to come VW anorachs will pay a fortune for a totally original GTi that still has its original stickers in place !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

yeh right, would you pay more for an original vw that has it's faded 1960's stickers stained onto the original glass. blush.gif

• 2 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

The British Standard Number (currently BS AU 145d)

The name, trade mark, or other means of identification of the manufacturer or component supplier. (The company who actually make the number plate.) The name and postcode of the supplying outlet. (The 'supplying outlet' is taken to mean a company whose business consists wholly or partly of selling number plates.)

A non-reflective border and the Euro-symbol with the national identification letters are optional additions.

There shall be no other markings or material contained on the number plate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still can't see anything about the 'car dealers' name having to be seen.

I could buy a plate from Halfords, they're a 'supplying outlet' of number plates.

I think you'll find that the Law says somewhere else that BS dung.gif (aka British Standards) have to be adhered to and it is quite clear that DVLA expect you to comply with the dung.gif they serve. I'm definitely NOT on the side of such rules but if Mr. Plod pulls you and gets funny over it and you go to court, my money would be on you losing the case. Basically, British law is expert in the extreme at interpreting the law in favour of the Establishment. Historical examples of this on a bigger scale could easily make you ashamed to be British.

Getting caught though is another matter.

My personal and infinitely small gesture towards the DVLA is to display my tax disc upside down behind the centrally mounted rear view mirror and out of sight to me the driver.

This inspires me to start a new post about my struggles with the DVLA and my attempts to collect my new GTI from Germany in person.