Concert -----> Symphony

After a bit of advice really..... I'm thinking about changing my Concert radio for a symphony unit. It's going in an A4 B6 (2004). I know I'll have to move my climate controls down, but can anyone tell me what else may be involved or what I need please. confused.gif

Many Thanks

[ QUOTE ]

A double din cage conversion from vagparts.com for around £50. Why not go DVD sat nav rather than just symphony.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just me being a cheap skate at the mo... I can get a brand new Symphony unit for about £50... so I'll maybe consider the sat nav at a later date. grin.gif

Have you fitted one yourself then... is it straight forward?

Read into it a bit more...... the chopping and changing of bits seems straightforward enough. The biggest obstacle seems to be dropping the air con controls down as the fascia narrows (hence it will need "trimming".

Has anyone done this? and can any of you nice Symphony owners, tell me how wide the air con unit controls are at the top and bottom? at least I can get an idea of how much work I may be letting myself in for!!

[ QUOTE ]

The a/c unit can be trimmed using a junior hacksaw & file as long as you are careful,it is approx 3mm off each side

John

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I was thinking.... I have access to a workshop, so I was maybe going to scribe the new line, and get it onto a bench sander. Thanks for the replies. grin.gif