VAG......Whats on offer

I'm taking the car into the stealer on friday to have some jobs done on the car...

1.passenger door spk gill not fitted correctly

2.lost air intake box cover(how I don't know)

3.check out DSG function/software code

resume full auto(hold +/off paddle for 3 sec's) after using paddles dosen't work

and iv'e no lauch control(engine just dies to 1200rpm instead of staying at 2500rpm and car tries to more forward even with foot on the break pedal)

4.change alarm arm/disarm 'Bleep' on

5.one click remote all doors unlock/lock

My question is ...What else can I get the stealer to change within the VAG system software...

I've heard you can have auto lock at a set speed and unlock when you take the key out of the igniction

your help please......

ONE LAST THING..IF YOU'VE JUST TAKEN DELIVERY OF A 2006 MODEL fti CAN YOU PLEASE TRY THE LAUNCH CONTROL TO SEE IF IT WORKS..AND IF YOU HAVE PADDLES AND USE THEM WITHOUT MOVING THE SHIFTER INTO THE +/- GATE CAN YOU RESUME FULL AUTO WITHOUT WAITING FOR THE TIME OUT BY HOLDING THE +/OFF PADDLE FOR 3 SECONDS..JUST LIKE THE HANDBOOK SAYS.....

MANY THANKS MARTIN.......

PEARL BLK GTI DSG,18"MONZAS,LEATHER,CENTRE ARM-REST AND MFSW

jump.gif

I have:

bleep on lock (not sure you can have it on unlock as well)

One click unlock drivers door, 2 clicks all car (saves someone jumping in the passenger side unwanted).

Autolock/Unlock - Autolocks above 10mph, autounlocks when key removed from ignition - they can forget to do the latter but I dont feel this is safe in event of accident.

[ QUOTE ]

I was told that on all cars with the autolock facility the system must unlock all doors if the airbags are triggered - also on some cars (merc's anyways)the fuel line is cut off automatically if airbags fire.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's right, and hazards come on

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They may or may not do this. Its actually illegal now within the EU as it is deamed a noise nusance. Early morning starts with bleeps getting loud waking neigbours etc. You can hear the door locks and see the lights so I don't see why people have a problem with needing to turn in on to be honest.

Its left in the car as its an option that can be switched on for other markets where the law doesn't restrict its usage. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They may or may not do this. Its actually illegal now within the EU as it is deamed a noise nusance. Early morning starts with bleeps getting loud waking neigbours etc. You can hear the door locks and see the lights so I don't see why people have a problem with needing to turn in on to be honest.

Its left in the car as its an option that can be switched on for other markets where the law doesn't restrict its usage. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

....Are you referring to the simple (and quiet!) bleep of the remote locking/unlocking process? Surely this isn't deemed as a noise nuisance?!! The more I experience all this European bureaucratic nonsense, the more I want to rant!!

For safety reasons (and greeting friends) I use a car horn (got airhorns on my current car) at every opportunity. They'll be telling us we can't use horns next!

Yuk!! Makes me want to make as much noise as possible!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

....Are you referring to the simple (and quiet!) bleep of the remote locking/unlocking process? Surely this isn't deemed as a noise nuisance?!! The more I experience all this European bureaucratic nonsense, the more I want to rant!!

For safety reasons (and greeting friends) I use a car horn (got airhorns on my current car) at every opportunity. They'll be telling us we can't use horns next!

Yuk!! Makes me want to make as much noise as possible!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it can be a nuisance when they are too loud. What was happening is that they were getting louder and louder and bleeping more or chirping the alarm in some situations than the initial descrete single bleep.

I will admit that most of the EU things can be rubbish and this is possible one of them. But its certainly something that I don't miss thats for sure. 169144-ok.gif

Picked the car up today...said it i'll be 2 hours infact it was 6...good job they loaned me one of their buses to drive around in...ANYWAY

got the speaker grill fitted

one press unlock..couldn't find out how to enable 'bleep' on the alarm(or so they say)....

As for the +/off paddle and launch control not working..they say it's still with germany to come up with some answers....

if there's any body who knows the answer out there please contact me.....they have even been down the road to Audi(sister garage) and yes audi dsg has launch control,but as for +/off paddle nobody knows....

martin

Ps...filled up tonight with Optimax by F*** it's not cheap is it.............................

[ QUOTE ]

Filled up Thursday £48 thankyou very much suicide.gifECLIPSe.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

....I haven't got my GTI yet but my 'research' convinces me that Optimax is a good way to go though nearest pump is 15 miles. Full tank of standard unleaded on my standard Mk4 Golf costs £40, so assuming similar tank sizes, £48 seems reasonable and Performance = Petrol so I don't think we can complain. Just my opinion.

I've been using Optimax in my current car for the last 3 years.

Because the extra performance becomes normal, it's only when you are forced to fill up on 95 Ron that you realise what a difference the Optimax makes.

Well worth the extra money over 95 for me.

[ QUOTE ]

I've been using Optimax in my current car for the last 3 years.

Because the extra performance becomes normal, it's only when you are forced to fill up on 95 Ron that you realise what a difference the Optimax makes.

Well worth the extra money over 95 for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

....Hi Toxic,

Good to hear an Optimax recommendation - Thanks. This link might be useful for those who don't know it - an Optimax pump finder:

http://www.shell.com/home/uk-en/html/iwg...ion_finder.html

I'm going to be knowing where the Optimax is before I start a journey and keep my tank half-full as a minimum (as I do now).

Cheers,

Robin

Lots of Shell stations around by me so I am always close to Optimax so always use it. I've used lower grades and you can tell the difference.

One thing to note, the one time I did use the finder on the Shell website while I was far from home I got to the garage it didn't have any Optimax pumps!

Thanks for the Heads Up but you can limit the search on the Shell Station Finder to Shell Optimax. Then, according to the Law Of Sod, it's whether it's open when you get there! But I recall the site also gives phone numbers etc.

Where there's a will there's a way.

Robin :-)

Yep, I limited the search to Optimax and it definately said the station had it, when I got there it clearly hadn't!

That said, that's probably the only Shell station i've been to where they've not had it, been to a lot around the country and it has always been available at those.