Dealer paint protection

JamesB

I couldn't find the thread so sorry if this has been asked before.

Is it worth getting paint protection i.e. Autoglym on a new car? Now bear in mind I am not going to do anything to the car myself after delivery so even if the benefit is marginal, it might be worth it in my case. Your thoughts, as ever, will be appreciated.

You are going to have to do something James! For example, washing the car properly every once in a while is somthing I would heartily recommend smile.gif

AutoGlym Lifeshie is pretty high maintenance, you still have to use SRP once in a while which is what you want to avoid.

Supagard is very low maintenace - just washing the car properly with some decent will stand your car in good stead for 3 years. It may not look like a brand new car at the end of this time, but it won't be anything that a trip to a decent valeters couldn't sort out.

If you really want a sealant because you want to do the bare minimum of work, then your choices are Diamondbrite or Supagard. Which one you choose depends a lot on how long you are keeping the car.

[ QUOTE ]

Then your car will look poor in a short while!

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't matter, it's not very expensive.

Only kidding.

Andy, nothing wrong with a bit of bluntness if it's backed up with sense 169144-ok.gif

Dave, I have been known to wash my car (although I'm not sure anyone on this forum would endorse this).

In retrospect, I probably haven't been clear enough. What I mean by not doing much after buying it is not doing much immediately after buying it. I am never going to be the type of person to remove the existing wax and then apply multiple layers of carefully researched Swissol Divine (at £6/ml shocked.gif) within 5 minutes of the car being delivered. However, my car is relatively frequently hand-cleaned.

The dealer (as you might expect) offers Autoglym treatment prior to delivery and I'm just wondering if people think dealer pretreatment is any good, bearing in mind I am unlikely to do any specific pretreatment myself.

But the car will be regularly cleaned wink.gif

Had one of my MX5s done by the dealer - never again, they didnt prep it well enough and it was a nightmare getting it correct again took a long time.

As for James looking after his car - you should have seen his wheels on the '6.

TO be honest I would rather spend a bit extra and get one of the expert valeters in, had one done by Wax wizard a couple of years back - truely fantastic finish.

[ QUOTE ]

As for James looking after his car - you should have seen his wheels on the '6.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oi slap.gif - you should have come to Drusilla's. Immaculate wheels and plenty of witnesses to support me.

When would you get the experts in? Straight after delivery?