Cleeeaaan Car!!

beez

My car is currently the cleanest it's ever been.

Started off with LOADS of stones and sand and general shite inside, so I got a bag and chucked all the rubbish in it, then vacuumed the crap out. Lovely.

Moved on to rinsing the loose dirt off the body work, then washed the old girl and rinsed her off again (obviously!)

Then I realised I couldn't find the chamois...so I drove to morrisons in a now smeary car and bought one...and this little pad from the same people that do tripplewax (car plan is it?) but that comes into the story a little later.

Got back home, hosed down the machine again, to get her all wet so I could chamois a little better and get rid of the streaks.

Once this was done, I got some silicon spray and sprayed it on my bumpers, which turned them from light, faded blue to lovely rich deep blue (same colour as the paint) and it's also made it slidey too, which is always nice ROLLEY~14.GIF

Then this little pad - dunno what it is, didn't really read it...cost 45p so I thought I'd buy it. You use it to make your interior (the dash and door panals and stuff) shiney. So I got it out, gave it a go and it's LOVELY, gives a nice citrusy smell as well. If you haven't already, I recommend you give it a go.

Once that was done, I thought I'd get out the T-cut and wax her down. Oh yes, absolutely lovely. I love being able to run my hand along the car once she's been waxed. So lovely.

I love the result of spending 3 - 3.5 hours cleaning your car. It's great!!

wait till you get all anal about it like me ive spend £££ and can easily spend the day cleaning it ! i was out at my lunch break spending 30 mins cleaning my wheels smile.gif cant wait for a day to get it all looking spotless shame i have to drive 70 miles a day !

I have no wax frown.gif

Polish will do me for now! The shampoo stuff has wax in it I think? It's tripplewax shampoo and wax stuff

(Another picture attached - this one can also demonstrate how good halfords touch up paint is! The spoiler used to be burgendy)

post-9144-137914316533_thumb.jpg

Beez - I would nip to Halfords and pick up a quick spray-on wax if nothing else. Give it a quick hose and wash down, chamois it off and give it a blast with the wax. Total time less than 1 hour and at least it will protect your hard work to date 169144-ok.gif

Better still, use some Beez wax. Sorry. Flush.gif

Hahahaha nice one milo wink.gif

I'll see about getting some wax after pay day, I have NO money! I was thinking about getting a £3 pot of Car Plan's wax....

And XC90, I have to hand the credit on to my dad, I'd never be able to do a job that good.