The importance of tyre pressures

News_Stig

Pretty scary. Bald tyres are the most common "defect" you find here. Second is different tyres (brand, tread, etc) on each wheel, then third is underinflation...

I always do a walkaround before getting in the car and check by eye for an obviously low tyre, and a check with a calibrated gauge every week...

The great thing with the R32 is that a pressure change across the front of the car will instantly convert to the steering pulling in the direction of the lower pressure tyre. I've noticed it with as little as 1-2 lbs difference.

Could my behaviour be described as anal and be in the minority minority?

[ QUOTE ]

Pretty scary. Bald tyres are the most common "defect" you find here. Second is different tyres (brand, tread, etc) on each wheel, then third is underinflation...

I always do a walkaround before getting in the car and check by eye for an obviously low tyre, and a check with a calibrated gauge every week...

The great thing with the R32 is that a pressure change across the front of the car will instantly convert to the steering pulling in the direction of the lower pressure tyre. I've noticed it with as little as 1-2 lbs difference.

Could my behaviour be described as anal and be in the minority minority?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all! It's pretty scary when you're drivng behind a car on the motorway with a under inflated tyre!

Always makes us smile here at work when an ignorant tw*t books a car in for "Tyre light on" and it just needs some air!!!!!! smashfreakB.gif

It's your driving pleasure and more importantly LIFE! thats at stake.

BUB