F***in Pigeon

GTiMK5

On the M25 last week and a pigeon decided to fly directly in front of me. The outcome - loud bang, blood, guts and feathers everywhere and one bent bonnet, totally gutted. Took it to the stealers for a quote and gonna cost £600 to put it right. Next day I saw a Focus do exactly the same thing although not on M25 and not at same speed.

[ QUOTE ]

My Dad had his car clipped by a Dear a while back.

It used the roof of his Merc as a spring board causing a fair old bit of damage.

sportifs2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

...."Dear"? An Old Dear of the granny variety? Only joking....I know you mean Deer of the Moose variety. Mind you, people have been killed by hitting Deer and Moose are exceedingly dangerous whether you are either inside or outside of your car!!

Know how it feels. Pheasant caused £600 worth of damage to my MINI last year. The really annoying thing is, it goes down as a 'no fault' claim which still stings you in the pocket come renewal time.

My friend hit one at the exact same spot the next day. Turns out the rearing pens were just 50m away from the main road. The following week, the same stretch of road was littered with pheasant carcasses. I think the estates should be made to pay for such irresponsible practices.

friend of mine borrowed his bosses poncey beemer (cant remember model but a quick larger variety) and was screaming down some back roads in lincolnshire (90+) and hit a pheasant right in the front grill - took out quite a bit of the front incl a radiator if i remember correctly.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

My Dad had his car clipped by a Dear a while back.

It used the roof of his Merc as a spring board causing a fair old bit of damage.

sportifs2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

...."Dear"? An Old Dear of the granny variety? Only joking....I know you mean Deer of the Moose variety. Mind you, people have been killed by hitting Deer and Moose are exceedingly dangerous whether you are either inside or outside of your car!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Bugger... Spelling.... smashfreakB.gif

Local OAPs practicing in anticapation of 2012.. smirk.gif