why so loud?

collease

I'm sure other people must have posted something like this befor but i didnt check. Just wanted to know if anyone else is getting sick and tiered of certain types of people making my day a misery with the constant BOOM BOOM BOOM coming from these wierd concoctions of cars. Why do they need to park in nice areas and blast out the noise at all hours of the day and night. It dont matter where you go its just there. Im seriously considering taking a mattere into my own hands to run the f***ers of the road where at all possible. At least by doing this they would not be mobile. FIREdevil.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I'm sure other people must have posted something like this befor but i didnt check. Just wanted to know if anyone else is getting sick and tiered of certain types of people making my day a misery with the constant BOOM BOOM BOOM coming from these wierd concoctions of cars. Why do they need to park in nice areas and blast out the noise at all hours of the day and night. It dont matter where you go its just there. Im seriously considering taking a mattere into my own hands to run the f***ers of the road where at all possible. At least by doing this they would not be mobile. FIREdevil.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't agree more, it drives me nuts! smashfreakB.gif

It's not just the volume of sound, it's the type of sound, it goes right through you. Who on earth came up with the premise that this is (supposedly) cool? Flush.gif

OK OK - confession time now.......... sekret.gif

I USED to have a car audio fetish when younger. It started off slow and peaked when i got my 4th car - '88 Golf GTi 8V - minter! I had £1500 of amps and speakers in there, but all hidden in an OEM type stylie! Yes - it was loud and i used to tune it up on my parents driveway to get the best sound..... I was about 19 at the time.....

From what i remember, it was expensive to kit out back then with decent kit and there were no where near as many as you hear now. I was into my house music (still am!) and Prodigy / Breakbeat / Happy Hardcore etc. so the bass was always booming.....

Look back now and think - what a tw*t!!! Still, i was cool and it pulled my now wife! shocked.gif169144-ok.gif (well, not JUST that!!! That would be sad...... i had reclining seats too you know..... sekret.gif)

Now i am ***fairly*** contempt with my Concert System. It sounds quite nice. My '51 Honda Accord Exec used to have a 12 speaker BOSE system in it - that was awesome! 169144-ok.gif

I've nothing against serious ICE.

I used to have a mega set up in my Honda Prelude, Sony front end with pre-outs to two big amps under the front seats, seriously good speakers and a bass box in the boot.

But it was tuned to deliver seriously high quality music, not go BOOM BOOM BOOM constantly. I actually had a seperate controller for the bass speaker so that it could be turned down to stop it overpowering the experience.

The way a bass speaker should be set up is so you don't notice it at all until you switch it off and suddenly you notice the lack of bass.

What these kids do today is the opposite, crank it right up so that is all you can hear.

It's not music, it's just a noise. crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I've nothing against serious ICE.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good man!! This is what i strived to get to. Started off with BOOM BOOM BOOM in my Mini Cooper (Replica), but the GTi was awesome. Kenny front end, 2 x 12 in Rockford Fosgate subs, 4 x Hi Fidelity Kenny mids, 4 x tweets, 4 amps, crossovers and a graphic equaliser - like you say - sub on / off / high / low.

I actually used to play some classical music to people who were interested in the install because the sound was mega! Never replicated it yet!

It peaked at some crazy level (cant remember the dB) just where your bowels start to move with the Bass..... Never shat myself, but it could make you fart!!!

Agree though - Bass is easy - Hi Fi isnt. 169144-ok.gif PS - saw a very nice red '88 Prelude Coupe yesterday on the M5 - great car - 4WS bit odd though....?

Dont get me wrong im not against serious ice either but like you have said i like to hear the tune otherwise there really is no point. My Brother in law just started farting about with his focus now he used to have to me a good setup you could hear everything you wanted to and it sounded good. Now though its going the wrong way he is acting like he about 17 and hes thirty blody four.

think its time to give him a slap.gif

Tell him to do what i have done - buy a good, really nice car for work / runaround and then buy a weekend plaything! My frustration gets worked off on fettling with the Starion / rebuilding it and then thrashing the likes of Hot Hatch owners and other wannabees who DONT know what my F reg car is!! Great fun cool.gif

That reminds me - only 3 hrs. to go till i swap them over for the weekend!!! jump.gif

Being sed hot hatch owner i'm glad i do know what they look like. As for the slap been doing that since i married his sister as the gormless idiot thinks his Focus 1.6 is better than My old heap of 1.8T GTI. Know i know its nowhere near the best car ever but hey its better than most normal fords even when the dash is lit up loke a christmas tree.

Focus - you cant polish dung.gif 'Nuff said!

1.8T GTi's were (are) ok - dont put it down! Just a bit bland for a GTi. 500,000% better than a Focus FFS!!! Now you know what a Starion looks like, dont race one - please!

Speaking of steros, you should see the one in that!! Its a double DIN casette (with Dolby and Auto Metal Select!!!!!) and a twisty knob tuner! Just the 4 small speakers..... In its day, it was apparently a great Audio system...... Bo**ocks! 169144-ok.gif

all i could afford as it was and is still falling apart. So far in 2 months of ownership its had new exhaust new brakes new air mass meter and its still got three warning lights on and no matter what the guys at my local squealership do they dont go off. (unless they turn the car off) As the car drives fine and they have no error codes logged its the lectrics but hey at least the windows go down and the doors open. still starts first time to so im not complaining. As for your stereo my god thats quality and four whole speakers my god my old fiesta only had 2