what would you do?

jamiepointer

dealer rang today. My gti has arrived early ,will now be ready 1st week of august to pick up, originally planned to pick car up 1st/2nd week of september.

I have a choice do i pick car up in august on 05 plate. Or wait till 1st sept and get new 55 plate. The dealer has said that its up to me.

please help

If you can wait then the car would be worth more at resale -I've heard that it can be as much as £600 between either side of the registration change. But if your not worried by that I can't see any point in waiting.

Can I ask how long you had to wait?

fuk it, in 6 months we'll be on an 06 anyway, the rest is history.

Enjoy the summer. I picked up a Beemer on the 1st August.

When i traded it 6 months later, the dealer said a 54 plate would have been worth more.

If it would have been a 54, he would have said "makes no difference mate!"

they all talk dung.gif and will always rip you off.

I agree with those who are saying get it now!! The sooner you become familiar with her, the more fun you'll have. Why wait? Living Life is more important than a few bucks which aren't guaranteed anyway! I could wait as well but....No way!! I can't wait to enjoy that car like I began to on the test drive in May.

Get it now. I'm more concerned about the value after 3 years than the value between 05/55 for example. A recent press quote (the new car section) believed the GTI to receive the best retained value of the 5dr Golfs at 64% after 3 years. That's £13k, hmmm, wonder if a Mk4 R32 will be that cheep by then?! grin.gif

Every day you drive it brings more value in smiles than notes lost from your pocket.

[ QUOTE ]

Get it now. I'm more concerned about the value after 3 years than the value between 05/55 for example. A recent press quote (the new car section) believed the GTI to receive the best retained value of the 5dr Golfs at 64% after 3 years. That's £13k, hmmm, wonder if a Mk4 R32 will be that cheep by then?! grin.gif

Every day you drive it brings more value in smiles than notes lost from your pocket.

[/ QUOTE ]

....Those figures are very interesting (though I have no plans to sell in even 3 years time).

I love your words about more value in smiles than lost notes !! - Spot on !! You've hit the whole fundamental point of why we have bought the Mk5 GTI.

It's looking like I'll be driving her at the end of this month :-) Robin