Korg Triton Extreme - midi help!

a4tdi130

Ok this is a complete long shot but if I don't ask I'll never know wink.gif

I've got an 88 key Yamaha piano, with it's midi-out connected to the mini-in of my Korg Triton Extreme. The Korg has a usb-out which I've got connected to my PC, with MIDI drivers loaded. So, when I play on the Triton the midi data is transfered to the PC, and if I record the data I can play it back to the Triton.

The Yamaha is only used as a controller keyboard, and it will send midi data to the Triton. What I cannot suss out is how to get the data from the Yamaha sent _through_ the Triton, down the USB cable, to the PC. If I was using the Midi thru/Midi out ports then I'm sure it would just work - but I'm not, I'm using Midi in and USB out. I've tried Midi-thru instead of Midi-in, but no difference.

If anybody has any experience of Midi-out -> Midi-in -> USB-Midi-Out, I'd be grateful for any advice, but I'm not holding out much hope. The manual is useless, really is awful for a keyboard of this standard - only 140 pages long and doesn't seem to scratch the surface of using it.

Ok, this is the THIRD time I've tried to reply!

I don't think the manual for the keyboard is going to help you mate, try looking in the manual for the Korg to see if there's a MIDI passthrough option. If the keyboard is sending the data to the Korg, then somewhere I should imagine with equipment of that calibre that there's a configurable option somewhere 169144-ok.gif