M3 Coupe Edition s54

Smudge

Anyone know what these are all about?

There are a couple of them coming up for sale on BMW's used car search. All look like they are Silverstone Blue (an M5 colour iirc?) and they all appear to have Estoril Blue leather interior.

The outside looks lovely, as I've always thought Silverstone Blue would on an M3, but I'm not so sure on the Estoril interior.

NAR1_01_CVI_280605_20.jpg

M3DWO_03_CVI_150605_22.jpg

That would have been my second choice if I could not have had a CSL, albeit somewhat more expensive at @ £45k shocked.gif

The interior is really nice, suits the colour well. There will be deals to be done on these, many were pre-registered as they didn't sell for some reason (mainy 'cause most were specc'd to £50k+).

Cheers

Ben

[ QUOTE ]

Aye, IIRC, Limited Editions that ran and the Silverstone is the new M5/6 shade.

I think there was about 50 of them released.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a limited run of 100 cars that BMW UK had produced as a way stimulating some interest in new M3 registrations. These have tailed off for a while now and the market is pretty strong on the used front compared to new.

Most of these cars were Silverstone but a few were Estoril. Both of these are absolutely the very best colours for the E46 M3.

Gareth.

• 1 month later...

Just joined this site so not sure of protocols, anyway,

have you also noticed on the BMW used website that all the Edition s54 M3's show a different technical spec for the engine?

The spec shown on these models is 325bhp/350Nm instead of the normal 343/365.

My local dealer doesn't seem to know about these cars, although he is trying to sell me a new car with the same s54 code. Have these cars been redirected from another right hand drive market? I remember tho old E36's had a lower powered version made for certain non-European markets

[ QUOTE ]

have you also noticed on the BMW used website that all the Edition s54 M3's show a different technical spec for the engine?

My local dealer doesn't seem to know about these cars, although he is trying to sell me a new car with the same s54 code. Have these cars been redirected from another right hand drive market? I remember tho old E36's had a lower powered version made for certain non-European markets

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Phil, welcome to the forum 169144-ok.gif

Not sure about your Q above....hmmmmn.

I'm sure some of the other techie geeks will be along shortly to clarify things though! grin.gif It doesn't sound quite right though does it ??

beerchug.gif

JT

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Phil, welcome to the forum 169144-ok.gif

Not sure about your Q above....hmmmmn.

I'm sure some of the other techie geeks will be along shortly to clarify things though! grin.gif It doesn't sound quite right though does it ??

beerchug.gif

JT

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Phil,

Very easy one this...the detail on the website is totally wrong. The S54 editions have exactly the same 343bhp in line 6 cylinder as the "normal" M3 coupe and cab.

Gareth beerchug.gif