[Audi A3/S3] DSG mode question

sebtomato

Hi,

when in D or S mode, using one of the paddles on the steering wheel will automatically switch the gearbox to manual for 30 seconds. However, does anybody know how if there is a way to force the S or D mode back, before the timeout. Usually, I drive in D mode and use [-] if I need to suddenly overtake.

I read elsewhere (http://hitechgti.50megs.com/audi/DSG-FAQ.html and on the VW Golf GTi forum) that it is possible by pressing [+] for 3 seconds, but it does not seem to be working...

As far as I'm aware there is no way to force the DSG back to D or S before the 30 secs is up. Personally I drive mine in 'manual' mode using the stick or paddles nearly all the time. The only time I use D is when I'm in a traffic jam.

[ QUOTE ]

If I use the paddles and then want to be back in D just flick the stick left into manual and then right in to D and voila

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to TSN beerchug.gif

Yep thats what I would do, and I have done it from time to time. Been nailing it or something and the car is sitting in second say, flick the level over to manual and back to D and its full auto again, saves waiting. 169144-ok.gif

Hi All....I have the new gti with dsg and paddles (2006 model) and in the hand book it quotes as saying hold the +/off paddle for 3 seconds to revert back to full auto

see here http://www.tyresmoke.net/gallery/albuv15/dsg_info

but like all yours it doesn't...But one thing that backs up the hand book is the fact that the + paddle now has the word OFF on it aswell....My VW stealer is looking at germany for the answer....Another thing you lot may be able to tell me does your A3's have launch control...ie turn off esp select 'S' left foot hold the break and right foot floor the go pedal..rev's should hold at 2500 untill you release the foot break...then hold on tight and off you'll go....that's another thing mine hasn't got.but other gti owners recon it's on theirs......

[ QUOTE ]

If I use the paddles and then want to be back in D just flick the stick left into manual and then right in to D and voila

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too.

If I have been driving in MT for a while and get caught in traffic, I'll put it in D. Then I'll forget and hit the paddle to shift up and it'll stick in 2nd. Just slap it accross to MT and back into D.