[Audi A3/S3] DSG software upgrade

heathorn1

Hi guys. I've had my A3 2.0TDi DSG for sometime now and I've never been completely won over by the DSG box. If I try to pull away quickly at a roundabout when the car is still moving quite slowly, the DSG seems to get confused and there's a long delay before it takes off. There have been quite a few occasions at slow speed where the gearbox seems to slip between 1st and 2nd gears before it makes up its mind. It's been back to the dealer three times but they say no faults are showing. I've been unable to test drive another car - as none of the dealers nearby have any demo cars available. I'm not sure what my next move should be - as I can't convince the dealer there's a problem. I reckon it's probably a software issue as the car drives ok in D mode. The dealer reckons the software can't be updated to a newer version - but I seem to remember seeing a post on here a while ago saying otherwise. Any suggestions?

Welcome to TSN. 169144-ok.gif

I haven't had that problem but have seen a few issues when putting the car into D and then pressing the accelerator before it has had chance to balance the clutch, it jolts quite a bit then.

The TDI DSG does seem to have an issue with take up at junctions. Not something I have had a problem with in mine. I found it a bit strange on the TDI DSG I think its just a traight with it and the torque of the engine.