[Audi A3/S3] 2.0 T FSI

ChadW

You can get a 2.0T without quattro - but to lose the quattro you have to gain DSG (basically you can't get an A3 2.0T manual without quattro). Both DSG and quattro are priced exactly the same.

And you can't have both DSG and quattro on an A3 2.0T according to the July pricelist / spec. confused.gif

Why do you think that the split is different ?

As has already been said, its either Quattro Manual or DSG Fwd.

I understand that Audi might be making the Quattro be biased to the rear but might wait until the new A4 B8 and future A3s etc. to get a more sporting feel.

But they are always biased to fwd I thought and not 50/50 anyway. They might be able to vary the bias but its fundamentally a fwd set-up.

Think only on lattitude engine mounted cars its the haldex version of quattro used, 60/40, on longitude engines models A4 (or A6, sure someone will correct me here) and up you get quattro as proper, well that was the case with the last generation model range. There was talk last year of making it more 'rear wheel driven' bias but not sure how far Audi got with this.

So you have to have quattro with a manual box, too much FWD spin on a 2.0T FSI without then or does anyone know if Audi is gonna make a manual without Quattro, if they did I would be down the dealers tomorrow!