[Audi A3/S3] A3 stereo speakers

james2534

Hi there,

I am after some advice/re-assurance!. I have recently ordered an A3 2.0T S-line DSG. After some deliberation I chose not to spec the Bose stereo system, instead choosing other options.

Was this wise? Is the standard stereo good enough anyway?

and does the standard stereo come with the sub woofer in the boot?

Many thanks for any help

I asked a similar question (see recent post - A3 facelift,pictures wanted) and got replies which may be of help (page 3).

I've had the same dilemma and stuck with the basic symphony 6CD due to spiralling options costs. I have the symphony on my current A3 and to be honest its as good as any other standard fit stereo (probably better than most). Hasn't a sub woofer in the boot but the bass and clarity is decent enough.

Welcome to TSN. 169144-ok.gif

Your choice is fine. I have BOSE in mine and it is better but not by a huge amount. Audi have great standard stereos compared to Merc and BMW am sure you won't be dissapointed.

As for the Sub, yep it will be in the boot on the left hand side. I've heard the BOSE has two though it certainly doesn't kick anymore than the standard set-up in that respect. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I have the symphony on my current A3 and to be honest its as good as any other standard fit stereo (probably better than most). Hasn't a sub woofer in the boot but the bass and clarity is decent enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

It should have a sub in the boot, you just might not realise it. Turn the stereo on and turn it up a little, open the boot and put your hand against the left hand side of the boot, your should feel a vibration not present on the right hand side. 169144-ok.gif

My sisters previous generation A3 also had a sub in it on the left that you could see if you looked for it. She didn't know it had one either. Its only small but it is there none the less and does its bit to help a little.