Any Ideas on Pros and Cons of remapping

getawaydriver53

I have just bought a 2002 1.8t sport passat and was considering whether I should have the ECU remapped. Have had a quote for £249 and was wondering if this is reasonable?

Has anyone had this procedure done have any feedback, negative or positive? As you may guess I'm new to the forum and this is my first VW...

seems pretty cheap. if i had the 1.8t i would be looking at going to star performance.

£499.00 (Inc: VAT)

VW Golf 4, Bora, Passat 1.8T

(150bhp)

Drive-by-Wire Engine Management Software Upgrade:

Power upgrade to 210-215bhp, Torque increased to 220lbft

Hi & welcome, you will get people from both sides of the fence on this subject, thats where i was 5 months ago decision is yours. I got my passat 130 sport (51plate) tdi done, upped to 180bhp 50pf torque + 50bhp the difference is astounding no regrets no ill effects the man to talk to is Jim Curly Star Performance Kirkaldy. The service,advice you get is excellent, one of the most genuine people i've ever met. Talk to him he'll sort you out. let me know if you want his tel no or email address and i'll p/m them to you. jump.gif

Welcoem to Tyresmoke 169144-ok.gif.

Star have a good reputation but may be a bit far north for you - not sure. IF so look at AMD (www.amdtechnik.com) who are just off the M40 near Oxford (Bicester) or RSD (www.rsdcars-uk.co.uk) who are at Daventry not far from the Motorway.

Basically a rempa will provide you with more power and torque and in my experience also improved fuel economy when driving normally. Downsides - well I have never experienced any as a result of a remap, but there are potentially some problems that can occur, but as long as the rempa is done by a reputable company you shouldnt have any issues.