Few questions

Simonl

People on here talk about extended test drives. It's something i'd like to try with the GTI as the first drive of it didn't do much for me.

What's the deal, do you have to be 123576-assfeck.gif the stealer to get this or is it the norm?

Also, Nav- does it come with the sound upgrade and armrest (as per the configarator) and whats it like? worth the money or not?confused.gif

DSG, does it now come the paddles?

Last but not least, what are the current delivery times looking like. 169144-ok.gif

thanx in advance!

My dealer said I could take it out for a couple of hours if I wanted. I ended up taking it out for about 45 mins, that was enough to convince me to open the wallet.

Not really sure how long an "extended drive" is? Do you mean 24 hours or longer?

I know some other cars I tested wouldn't let me go out on my own. VW seemed the most relaxed of the bunch.

I got the car from 1200 noon till 1700hrs i just rang around until a dealer let me have it for that long, third phone call lucky.

The first dealer said that there would want to come with me, i replied that i had three children and i wanted to try the car for size as well as its performance so i declined. Said dealer rang me a week later and i informed him that i had placed the order elsewhere ha.gif

Paddles are standard now and you shouldnt have to wait any longer than 12 weeks 169144-ok.gif

main reason i didnt even get to try a a3 2.0T was that the dealer wouldnt even let me out in one without my driving license on me!

Guess that's what happens when you turn up fresh from the local lake looking a bit of a mess in boardshorts, sunnies and an inside out t-shirt.

He called me to offer a test drive about 10 mins after he saw me leave with just a brochure (even that seemed to be a struggle for him) - after he watched me drive off in a new E300 estate merc.

Dont want to name the service mananger or the dealership though as i know someone working there...! But lets say its close to where i am buying my golf (another bad story coming on this one)...

Edit: forgot to mention that when looking for mum's car i had none of this hassle - we (dad and I) took out a rangey and a golf on our own after doing a walk in to a delership - oh and we were driving an old g-reg golf when we did the test drives!