Purchasing worth it??

Soapsuds

Hi there,

Just after a bit of info.... I would like to get hold of VAG-COM for my A4, just to make sure that all is ok and to fix / erase faults if there were to arise.

Also, i would like to be able to change various settings, such as Auto Lock etc.

Wanting to do this cheaply, I have seen this interface cable on eBay eBay Linky and have seen that 311.2 of VAG-COM is free to download.....

My question is, will the cable be ok and is 311.2 any good? It seems quite old to me, but it is free. Will the free version (i.e. unregistered) allow me to change any modules, or mereley scan for faults etc.

All help much appreciated! Dont really want to spend $230 + p&p for it if poossible...... sekret.gif

Thanks! 169144-ok.gif

I'm getting a cable from a guy in China that my mate's put me on to, I just haven't got around to emailing him yet. He's got a Cupra and after 2 failed attempts buying cables on Ebay he found this guy and says his cables are absolutely top class. If you want his email let me know.

[ QUOTE ]

its useful to have.

on the other hand, ita a £200+ lead sat on my desk most of the time doing nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have the full version of the software then? Do you know of any limitations with the 311.2 shareware version??

I know what you mean about stuff lying around though.... tuning box is one of them for me at present!! grin.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Anyone with a VAGCOM near Ipswich?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll second that as I wouldn't mind the autolock feature but my local stealer wanted £50 to do it!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Found this the other day, is it any use, perhaps the second name on the list? I don't know how old it is though.

Hope it helps

http://www.steve-hall.com/cgi-bin/VAG-Locator.pl 169144-ok.gif