alloys for a car need some advice

people have been telling me about putting the wrong size alloy wheel on a car , i have a bora and i think they are 195/65/15 i havent got a clue how its works i think they are the standard size for a bora, and im putting 225/45/17 is that ok or maybe someone can help me figure it out

HI mate,

Yep, thats exactly what I run on my beetle (same as a bora wheel wise), you can even go to a 225x40x18 or 225 (or 235) x35x19 as well.

Cheapest place to get 17" is standard wheels being sold off of TT's, which fit straight onto the Bora, can be as cheap as £200 for a set with tyres.

If you look at these links:

TT Six Spoke Alloys 17":

6 SPokes

TT Competition Alloys powder coated 17":

Anthracite Comps

TT Competition Alloys 17":

Silver Comps

VW Monte Carlo Alloys 16"

Monte Carlo

VW Route 66 Alloys 16"

Oettinger RZ 19"

Oettinger RZ

VW Montreal (I think) 16"

Standard Bora Alloys

VW Aristo 18"

R32 Alloys

VW Golf Anniversary Wheel (BBS RC?) 18"

Anni Alloys

All of these wheels will fit on the Bora. The actual Spoke design really depends on what you like the look of, I hope the above gives you some ideas. I have seen a Bora fitted with the VW Aristo wheels and I think they look really good on the car, but you wont find them very cheap anywhere.

I've got 6 spoke 17" TT's on my Golf and it looks really good! (thanks shao khan!!) Improved my handling loads.

VW said that if your car is pre-2001 you will need new wheel bolts - 16 @ £3 from VW - normally in stock. Defo recommend getting some locking ones. There was a GB on McGuard wheel nuts - I got them too.