Irish Spec GTI

sburke1

Hi. Was at my stealer today ordering the car but needless to say they don't seem to have a clue about the new 2006 spec gti. Was just wondering whether there were any Irish lads out there who have recently ordered a gti? Have their dealer been able to confirm that the models coming on the Irish market are upgraded? Was also wondering about what type of discount they were offered. After all my extra's the dealer was only able to offer me €1500 off a car that was otherwise going to come to over €39k...

Anyone else seem to be slightly agitated about the fact the VW Ireland don't offer air con and an alarm as standard?! After all British customers seem to get these as standard. Strikes me as slightly tight mad.gif

It is pretty poor you guys don't get air con or an alarm as standard.

Saying that, I mentioned the word discount to a couple of dealers and they pretty much laughed their faces off.

So the €1500 should balance out when you spec these two as an option.

Picked up my Gti about three weeks ago - ordered in April and it is the 2006 spec with bee sting aerial etc.

Had to order alarm as an extra which is a joke on a €38,000 car. But did Manage a discount of approximately €1500.

Have a sun roof as standard but no air con. Could have lost the sun roof and got air con for €700 but preferred the sun roof.

Barry - I have the 18's and don't find them too bad - am in Dublin. Am driving to the West tomorrow so may find the roads in Connemara a different story.

No 98 octane petrol to be found anywhere in Republic of Ireland anymore it seems. Not sure it makes a big difference to performance as the ECU adjusts as far as I know.

Hi,

I got my car a month now, (Bought in Dublin) and its 2006 spec, bee sting ariel, Darker interier etc. As for petrol, No 97/98 octane in Ireland but all will run fine on 95 and at prices these days who needs 98!!!!

Going to stealer next week for following.

1. rattley passenger door (seems like loose trim)

2.Steering slighlty off centre to right but that might be road camber but not sure.

Apart from that its a great car,

Is there a GTI club in Ireland....???

[ QUOTE ]

RedRobin had this on another post. Apparently a few in the city and one in Skib smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

....I assume you mean the Shell Optimax Station Finder:

http://www.shell.com/home/uk-en/html/iwg...ion_finder.html

Note it's UK (which probably excludes Ireland) but surely Shell/BP/Mobil have pumps in Ireland. The other petrol companies have station finders too. You could phone Shell and ask why no Optimax in Ireland.

I emailed them a while back and this was their response

Thank you for your recent e-mail regarding Shell Optimax.

Unfortunately Optimax is not currently available in Ireland, and there are no plans to introduce Shell Optimax in the foreseeable future.

Shell has a Global programme of developing unique fuels tailored to meet local customer needs on a market by market basis. Shell has already successfully launched differentiated fuels like Optimax in over 30 countries around the world. We have, however, gone out of our way to tailor each fuel specifically for the requirements of the consumers, their cars and local legislation in each country.

I am sorry to send such a disappointing response.

Yours sincerely,

Matthew Wagster

Customer Relations - Retail

Shell U.K. Oil Products Limited

Rowlandsway House, Rowlandsway, Manchester M22 5SB, United Kingdom