Multifunction Computer

Hogger

Hello all,

thinking of getting myself the GTI... thought about leaving it till mar06 but thought buggger it get one now (prob oct).

Couple of questions i hoped someone could answer for me.

What is the difference between the Midline and Highline multifunction computer? I cannot find any info on the subject anywhere. confused.gif

Does the volkswagon soundpack make a major differnce to the stereo?

Cheers beerchug.gif

The Hog

Visually the hightline computer is twice the height of the midline and displays all readings using a digital display. A plan view graphic depicting the car is shown on startup. The highline can also be used to adjust a number of settings, such as how long the lights stay on for after the ignition has been turned off.

The midline computer has a graphical display for the bottom half and more traditional warning symbols in the top half.

Personally, I think that the highline looks far better and is worth the money - the only concern is that if you are tall, whatever is displayed at the top of the screen can be obscured by the steering wheel. The midline comp. diplays all information in the bottom half of the screen, which is less likely to be obscured by the steering wheel!

Don't know about the soundpack - although the standard stereo will not win any awards, it will suffice if you are not expecting too much. If you like your drum and bass, you might be better off looking at an aftermarket amp and speakers that you can spec. yourself.

Thanks Yahoo.

I am 6ft 3 and maybe it would be better to get the midline. I do like the sound of being able to change settings e.t.c. on the highline though. I do like my gadgets. decisions desicions. :?

Thanks again.

This is a great site for info.

[ QUOTE ]

....The extra money for Highline is only about £40....and I wish I had ordered one!!! There's no retro fit possible!

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be too p*ssed - I do think that the midline is more easy to live with in the real world. It means that you can see what gear you are in (DSG), the time & the main display(mpg, avg. mph etc) without it being obscured by the steering wheel. This means that you can adjust your steering wheel and seating position more and still not be compromised by obscuring the display.

Thats the positive spin - the negative one is that the highline looks like the mutts nuts!!