Rattle on 330ci

Colidog

Ok guys can someone help.

I have a rattle in the rear of the car when I go over bumpy roads.

I just got someone to drive me round and it sounds like it is coming from from the rear at the drivers side behind the panel that holds the courtesy light.

Has anyone else had the same problem or know what it is. It is driving me Mad !! confused.gif

Cheers,

Col.

I think you both might have a broken spring.

This happened to my Dad recently and it was driving him mad he has an e46 325. In the end he took the rear wheels off to find that one of the springs was broken.

A quick call to BMW and it was safe to drive but the correct part was ordered and fitted under warranty.

He thinks it happened after the car had been left in the garage when he went on holiday, and he hard a twang when he reversed it out. It might have been something else, but MrMe previously M3Me had the same happen on his M3 as well.

Take it to the dealer or remove the rears and see if all is ok.

[ QUOTE ]

Ok guys can someone help.

I have a rattle in the rear of the car when I go over bumpy roads.

I just got someone to drive me round and it sounds like it is coming from from the rear at the drivers side behind the panel that holds the courtesy light.

Has anyone else had the same problem or know what it is. It is driving me Mad !! confused.gif

Cheers,

Col.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've driven a 330ci as a courtesy car once or twice and after having it for a whole week, it had a similar annoying squeek that eventually was accompanied by a rattle.

Being used to having a BMW that rattles and squeeks to death, I can understand how annoying it is. The squeek on the 330ci I was driving came from the rear seat where it didnt quite sit properly. The rattle was eventually sourced to one of the rear speakers on the parcel shelf, but I swore blind it was coming from the passenger side rear window. Also the rear sun blind used to rattle and squeek as well.

Drives you mental I know, I've had to put up with it on the M3 for 9 months now.

• 4 weeks later...

Pleased to say I've sourced my rattle - It was one of the rear seats which had been opened (by previous owner) & then not shut fully.

On the subject of rear springs, my previous E46 320Ci broke both, none that I was aware of until service/new tyre appointments but I couldn't hear any noise from them.