Can Anyone Help?

melisimo

Hello everyone. I've not posted here before, so I hope nobody minds me dropping in to ask for some much needed advice.

I am the proud owner of an A4 2.8 Quattro but due to our growing family, and the expense in running both the Audi and my hubby's FTO, we've decided to sell the Audi and I'll make the reluctant 'downgrade' to the world of MPVs.

The only problem is, I can't seem to find any serious buyers for my car. I've advertised in AutoTrader but have had a terrible response. The only viewers were time wasters and now I just don't know what to do.

I think there is a specific niche that I need to market my car to because of it being a much more powerful machine than the average car but I just don't know how to expose the car to the right market.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks in advance,

Melissa.

Hi, welcome to TSN! 169144-ok.gif

This is the place to ask questions, as there are a lot of friendly and knowledgeable folk here.

Sorry to hear you're selling your Audi. Can you not sell it to an Audi dealer? I know of people who've done this with other brands as those models were in demand.

Or have you tried Part-Ex with the dealer of your new MPV?

What MPV are you looking to get?

Hi and thanks for the fast response.

The only trouble with part-ex or selling to a dealer is losing out on the price somewhat.

As for the MPV... Don't laugh! I'm going for a Fiat Multipla. Its cheapness outweighs its off-the-wall styling (sounds nicer than 'ugly') as my priorities have had to change. smile.gif

It'll take some getting used to, I know!

[ QUOTE ]

I'm going for a Fiat Multipla.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh...My...God. EEK2.GIF

Thanks for stopping by on Tyresmoke. Please leave your membership card on the desk and close the door on your way out.

grin.gif

Are you sure? What is your budget? I'm sure we could find you something much nicer and less image-degrading.

PLEASE. Let us try, for the love of god!

tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Hi and thanks for the fast response.

The only trouble with part-ex or selling to a dealer is losing out on the price somewhat.

As for the MPV... Don't laugh! I'm going for a Fiat Multipla. Its cheapness outweighs its off-the-wall styling (sounds nicer than 'ugly') as my priorities have had to change. smile.gif

It'll take some getting used to, I know!

[/ QUOTE ]

Melisimo, don't do it.......they'll all talk behind your back!!! NONO3.GIF

Welcome to TSN!

Don't do the FIAT thing - you'll have to buy another after a year - false economy!

Try selling the A4 in the classifieds on here and e-bay like Sparky says - but remember to be able to take a deposit and remove the ad so you don't need to pay commission!

also bear in mind that you are selling a big-engined thirsty beast in the middle of a 'fuel-crisis'.

Prices seem to have dropped 10p / litre now and stabilised. Might be worth another shot, but a 2.8 A4 is going to command a low resale value in this day and age unfortunately.

Well worth going to a few dealers for part-ex prices also, but again, the book price will probably be very scary for you!!!

PS - totally agree on the Fiat thing - you want to get an MPV that you can afford to buy now, that will be reliable (NOT a bloody Fiat!) and also one that will hold its resale value / be saleable at the end (unlike your A4.... frown.gif)

Ownership isnt just about buying cheap, you need to take all the above into consideration.... I suggest you start a new Post in General Cars, give us your rough budget and requirements and lets see what we can come up with. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I am the proud owner of an A4 2.8 Quattro but due to our growing family.... we've decided to sell the Audi....

The only problem is, I can't seem to find any serious buyers for my car. I've advertised in AutoTrader but have had a terrible response.

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually keep an eye on the 2.8 quattros on AutoTrader and would be interesting to know which is yours. Post a photo from the ad.

Ian 169144-ok.gif