Problem with SAT NAV

evosapper

Hello all,

I've got a 2005 GTI with the CD ROM based Sat Nav system and I can't seem to get the dynamic feature working. It is supposed to pick up TMC info and then inform you of any traffic problems and offer you a re-route. Well at least that is what it does on my wifes BMW, now in the beemer it is a DVD based system but as the GTI manual and the Sat Nav says it does it I presume that it should.

Any help?

Now if I can just get my phone to work with the phone prep I'd be laughing......

Good old VW!!

It's in with the dealer next week (for the normal wind noise, creaks and rattles, and wondering xeonon's as well as the Sat Nav), and seeing as the salesman who sold me the car is now a Audi employee I'll have a go at blagging one of them!!

Anyone else had a go at getting the right disc?

Apart from the reader head is there any difference between the CD ROM and DVD system? The time it takes to boot up and get an address compared to the DVD system is a little annoying!

Thanks,

I'm going to push for a freebie from the dealer, some guys on the MKIV site managed to blag one so I will give it a go!

I know it's already been mentioned but we should not even be talking about this, the GTI should have been released with the DVD system and not the CD ROM.

It's a shame that such a great car is let down by shoddy VW UK......