[Audi A3/S3] New Car - 3.2 Quattro of 2.0TFSi Quattro???

dmg11eng

Hi all,

First post on the A3 forum, time for another company car and I'm defecting from the Golf GTi camp.

I can have a 3.2 Quattro of 2.0TFSi Quattro. To me, it seems the 2.0 offers marginally less performance, more fuel economy, with a considerably lower retail price.

Opinions please from all you owners out there, sensible, and cheaper cost seems to be the 2.0, is the 3.2 that much better, opinions/experiences please????

If its going to be a company car. The 3.2 will kill you in tax. However the 2.0 T FSI Quattro will be much better in tax and only a little slower.

But if you want the lowest tax possible go for the 2.0 T FSI DSG as it has the lowest tax and best fuel economy of the lot at 187 C02 as opposed to 211 for the 2.0 T Quattro and a lot more for the 3.2.

If you want a review on the car click this link. I have the 2.0 T FSI DSG and its a great motor. CarMads Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 T FSI DSG review.

Test drove a 2.0T quattro after having had a 3.2 for a year. Result - ended up changing a couple of weeks ago for another 3.2 but this time with s-line kit.

The 2.0T had plenty of poke but ultimately just didn't have the grunt or seemless power of the 3.2. Also found the brakes on the 2.0T weren't as good. The 3.2 is heavy but as an ultimate long distance cruiser it is the better bet IMO. Whilst on paper the difference in performance is negligable out on the road it seemed more noticable. Wouldn't knock the 2.0T, great car but in the end the noise of the 3.2 won through.

The 2.0T will always have the fuel advantage though, just depends on your milage and who's paying...

Previous one averaged around 26mpg mixed driving (although the majority was town work so I was fairly happy). Always used super unleaded, definate edge in performance and around 20-30 more miles to the tank.

New one has been averaging slightly less but with less than 1000 miles on the clock it should improve.

I'd get the 3.2, I've never been one for turbo engines prefer N/aspirated and 6cyl is the perfect no (other than 12) not that I'm biased you understand.

But would think the 2.0 is more economical, my 3.2 averages around 23mpg - but it sounds better than any 4cyl.

"Ain't no replacement for displacement" beerchug.gif

• 2 weeks later...