[Audi A3/S3] Have I missed out anything vital???

BigDog

Greetings everyone! grin.gif

Just ordered an A3 with the following spec:

2.0TDi DSG S-line

Phantom Black

Full Black Vienna Leather

S-line Styling Pack

Bose

DVD Nav

CD Autochanger

Acoustic Parking

Elect Folding Mirrors

Xenons

Front Arm Rest

Supaguard - (Anyone else go for this dealer extra?)

What d'you think? Anything missing or anything I shouldn't have bothered with?

I'd have (well did actually) just got the standard Black, there is very little difference when you see them next to each other, other than that, it looks like you've got the lot, I would have considered getting the tyre pressure thing though for the cost, I thought that was useful but unfortunately wasn't available when I placed my order! I'd also have a look at the S-line styling pack if I were you; I ended up just getting the spoiler because when I had the 2 side by side, it didn't look that good, the normal one looked more aggressive I thought!

Im picking mine up on Friday, decided to go for mo options at all after being stung on deppreciation and resale values, you just dont get your money back on all the options, but believen me, i would have loved the options you are having. Im simply having a 24K 3.2 to limit the depreciation.

I'd reiterate the need for heated seats if you have the leather interior, plus the auto lights/wipers are nice.

Personally I'd save money be deleting BOSE (the 6-disc in-dash CD/ hi-fi is very good) and accoustic parking - not really needed. If you need the DVD Nav then OK, but personally I'd save a stack of cash and delete this as well.

Other than that is soudns very similar to my wife's A3 Sportback 2.0T Quattro Sport - nice !!

Oh, and you shoud be looking to get 7.5%-10% of the list price from your dealer.

good Luck.

Sidicks

[ QUOTE ]

Greetings everyone! grin.gif

Just ordered an A3 with the following spec:

2.0TDi DSG S-line

Phantom Black

Full Black Vienna Leather

S-line Styling Pack

Bose

DVD Nav

CD Autochanger

Acoustic Parking

Elect Folding Mirrors

Xenons

Front Arm Rest

Supaguard - (Anyone else go for this dealer extra?)

What d'you think? Anything missing or anything I shouldn't have bothered with?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice spec - as suggested elsewhere if it is your own money you will take a huge hit on the options, the DVD Nav and DSG are the only things that hold a bit of value.

Seat wise I'd stick with the std S-Line interior as it is half leather anyway and you won't need the heated seats. Also you won't slide around on half leather with the extra benefit that the half-leather seats will be slightly more bearable in mid summer!

Think carefully about the exterior styling pack - on a Black car it isn't all that visible, on Silver cars it looks a lot more significant. The dealer can fit a roof spoiler for you.

I also wouldn't bother with a CD changer, I didn't have one on my last A4 Cab fitted with DVD Sat Nav and my A3 that is on order isn't going to have one either. The reason being that the two SD/MMC card slots behind the Nav screen serve beautifully for music.

1 x 256 card will contain 4 CD's worth of music at 128Kbit quality

so a 512mb card will have 8 CDs and a 1Gb card 16 CDs worth - multiply that lot by the 2 card slots and you get a lot of music. Also Audi are taking the P&$$ asking £320 for a 6 disk changer. I know from past experience that 1Gb cards work and now there are 2Gb cards out there - I will try that when they come out....

Do get the Interior light pack - I regret not ordering it as it is only £140 and looks very cool at night.