RS6 price, does it sound ok????

CraigR

Looks like my next set of wheels will be on the drive very soon,but need to tap the TSN knowledge first.

2003 RS6 Avant with 30k on the clock, full new set of P Zero boots and full set of discs and pads, is this normal at that mileage???

Not sure what the standard spec of these was but have been told this one has upgraded headlining?? satnav with tv, phone prep, rigid boot liner etc, not all expensive buy nice to have.

My main question is the brakes, normal for full change at 30k and is the car worth the near 40k asking price?

Had it for a couple of days, first experience of an RS6 the head said buy it straight away but i just need to make sure first.

The price sounds about right, the new set of tyres, discs and pads is great, because these parts can be quite expensive! At 30k miles, I'm sure that isn't the first set of discs and pads the car has had in that time - remember this car is over 1.8 tonnes so it takes quite a bit to stop it.

You can download the UK price list from RS246.com here:

http://www.rs246.com/modules.php?op=modl...load&sid=14

This document will tell you what is standard and what is a cost option.

Hope that helps.

Looked at that one yes, had a lot of work done to it, they have had it for a while.Like it says above new brakes tyres etc.

Private buyer from down south now, like commented above seem to be afew coming up for sale, warranty coming to an end etc.

Have you been investigating that one?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Yep no 8 this year sekret.gif This ones a keeper though grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

CAn you write us a list - I can't keep up!

[/ QUOTE ]

Clio 1.5 DCi - Present great for trips to town.

Clio 182, Oct - Jan

Audi A4 Avant 1.9tdi Jan - March

Audi S4 Cab March - June

Audi S4 Avant June - Sept

Mitsubishi Shogun Warrior August - Present

VW Golf R32 Sept - Oct, not 100% on selling it yet

RS6 Avant Oct - present

if you want to count the Toerag we tried for a few weeks that makes 9 grin.gif but when you have a car home to try before you buy and it breaks down, not a good sign shocked.gif

[ QUOTE ]

At 30k....is the car worth the near 40k asking price?

[/ QUOTE ]

No way.

One of our very own Tyresmokers bought their 2004 Avant for just 45k and it had only 3k on the clock. Agree with Ben - there are enough out. The very first examples will now be over three years old, out of factory warranty and into the 'mot years' which always pulls the prices down. Like the front carriage of a rollercoaster going over the edge, it pulls the rest down with it...

Ian