Xenon lights dazzling everybody...

newblackGTi

My GTi has the xenon lights and much as i love them they are really starting to p me off! On Friday night i drove from Yorkshire to London and I must have had over 30 people flash me for dazzling them...

Does anyone know if there is a way of manually setting them lower as they do seem to light up every motorway sign like a searchlight!

Also does anyone else have this prolem with their xenons!??

Thats a new one, haven't had that one before.

I have noticed the motorway sign light up even if you are five cars back.

As far as the system goes the auto levelers are supposed to keep them at the correct level, if you want to lower them I think you would have to get the dealer do it or use VAG-COM.

There are small levers inside the units to configure the lights for driving on the continent. I created a PDF,Converting Bi-Xenon on MKV Golf.

It might be worth while checking if the levers are in the correct position.

Some R32 owners had and issue with the levling being set wrong from factory; some too high other too low.

Get the dealer to check it.

Xenons are usually set lower than normal lights. On my R32 the xenons hit the ground about 1/3 closer to the car than the the Audi (non xenon).

smile.gif

mike mod,

your link doesnt show anything.

i will be going abroad in my car next year and am wondering if they have to be reset (as stated in handbook) for continental driving, what happens when you are going from your dealer to dover and vica versa at night , then they will be setup wrong for the uk part of the journee.

Hey Jay!! Welcome back! I know where you have been - Out driving!

mikemod's link is to a PDF - You have to have Adobe Acrobat or Reader installed on your system and wait for it to load if you can't directly download the file to your system for opening later.

No way around your Dover Dazzle! It's either dazzle Dover or the Frenchies etc. unless you convert on the dockside!

hello all,

yes red, you know me far too well, every oppertumity im out on the country roads, 2nd + 3rd gear bends are fun in her smile.gif 800 miles on clock now and the grin just gets wider smile.gif the car really does exceed my wildest dreams and the stock exhaust sound great, really throaty and poping is music to my ears. (im sure ive got a hole in it as its much louder than expected)

spoke to stealer today and they said that they cant reset them. they say the best option is to but the headlight protector covers and stick the lense covers on them. then just remove or replace the lens covers as required. i think they quoted £45+vat for lense covers.