BMW Car Club Meet @ Kielder Water

NewNiceMrMe

Had a fantastic day out today with the BMW Car Club GB.

A run up to Kielder Water with the Northeast section, to meet up with our Scottish counterparts who'd headed South earlier in the morning.

A tip for anyone who finds themself in this area....go for lunch at The Pheasant Inn, Falstone. Everything was freshly cooked and utterly delicious....and a starter and main course at £10.75 made it the best value, best tasting, best location for a meal in a very very long time. I thought prices like this for service of such a standard (excellent) had gone out with the Ark.

We had a good selection of cars there today too...including a BMW M Coupe (Breadvan), a new Z4 3.0 litre, a Z3 2.2 litre, a lovely E30 M325i, E30 325i Touring, E46 320i Coupe, E36 M3 Evolution, E46 325i Sport Saloon, a brace of other E36's, E46's and of course my own.

The route down from Kielder, via Wark, is an amazing drivers delight for anyone who wants a clear-run through twisties and straights that the heart craves when motoring runs through your veins. We had a few 'nervous' moments with the 'undulating!' roads, but a great day out was had by all.

If you don't do car runs, or don't get to car meets, do yourself a favour and make a point of attending one. You'll go again.

557390-ccr1.jpg

557390-ccr2.jpg

557390-ccr3.jpg

....and finally...forgive my bursting the page widths...but a great shot of all the cars...

557390-ccr4.jpg

post-6775-13791432717_thumb.jpg

To be honest, I thought they'd got the prices wrong!

Freshly made pumpkin soup with warm bread rolls (again, all freshly baked), followed by Sunday Roast (Lamb in my case) with all the trimmings. Every single food item was perfect. We're probably going to book the club's christmas meal there because of how good it was.

Interestingly enough they attract a lot of car clubs there. The guy who owns it commented that a few weeks back they had the Bentley Owners Club there and some poor sod with a Bentley Turbo R went a tad too far in the car park and went over the edge, down into the ditch and the stream!!!!