Long wait to replace RX-8

paulwbriggs

Just placed an order through Norwich Union cars for a GTI. Quoting end of Feb! Trouble is main dealer is quoting Mid-Jan so might as well wait 6 more weeks for the £700 saving (being blown on Xenons!). Car is to replace my wife's Mazda RX-8. I bought it as a 40th birthday present for her. It looks fantastic but is just too impractical/uncomfortable (and thirsty) in everyday use. Anyone else upgraded from the Mazda out there?

no not an rx-8. im selling my 02 X5 to get a new gti. cant wait though. my x5 is 3 litre petrol and i spend more time in the petrol station than i do at home. ive had an 2001 s3 which i loved an i hope the new gti is half as good as i will be a very happy man.

The X5 is a superb Beemer imo and you'll find the GTI obviously a lot smaller but it's impressive how practical it is, especially with 5 doors. I got a bunch of 2.5 metre rods in on Sunday by using the rear seats armrest opening. Plus the car's systems compensate for where loads are placed. It's pretty good considering it's half(?) the price and half the size of the X5. Realistic mpg is 25-32 depending how you drive it.

Welcome btw.