Extra rear fog light - for "free" ?

I have a 1.8T Passat saloon , and whilst replacing a rear passenger indicator bulb I noticed that there was an extra bulb holder - with no bulb in it. It turned out that the extra holder was in fact wired the same as the rear fog light (on the driver's side). So if you added an extra bulb and enlarged the hole in the back of the light cluster (to allow the new bulb to poke through) you can have an extra rear fog light - for "free"

This job took me about 20 mins to do , and makes the car more visible in bad weather conditions - seing how the winter is rapidly coming !

ECLIPSe.gif

[ QUOTE ]

The Law is quite clear on rear fog lights even if I'm not. Basically you are only supposed to have one working rear lamp. This is to prevent following drivers from thinking you are braking. You'll find space on either side for a bulb but that's for the US and Continental market. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That can't be right. Several cars have 2 fogs, my 53 plate MG ZS did confused.gif

If thats not the law, it really should be. Look at me!!! Stood shoulder to shoulder with Tian!! Thats a first smile.gif

It does make a lot of sense having only 1 fog light, if people cant see 1 fog light, they still wont see 2 if they are both the same intensity. Maybe you can have 2 fog lights if they are situated a certain distance from your brake lights? confused.gif