Help needed Running problem

madmav2

Hi can anyone help please?

I have a 2000"w" 1.820v se estate

i have just done 3500 miles around europe and i noticed sometime she would run like it was a bit lathargic(poor Throttle responce and sometimes fuel consumption seemed to dip !

i took it into my dealer when i got back and they plugged it in PC

and the report said 4 problems 1,Maf air sensor which i have now replaced .

2 was a water tempreature sensor

3 was a camshaft sensor

4 was a manifold pressure change over valve!

we have also changed the manifold presure sensor now!!

The other two faults have dissapered since clearing the fault sensor.

so tonight i got the bonnet up and got the wife to start the car whilst i looked and listened. I could here a noise under the manifold like a clicking noise, when she switched the engine off you can here the clicking noise slow down and stop! then you hear like a quiet Air exhaust noise!!!!

i have also tried sucking the vacume pipe wich opens the diaprham on the side of the inlet manifold but nothing happens!!!!!!

ok the symptons are!!!

as you accelerate from a standstill.as shee climes through 2.5-3000 rpm the car feels like it is holding back!!

Pick up speed and the faster you go the slower the engine builds, when you get up to say 8omph and you want to back out of the gas a little to "Cruise" she wont..

so you either back off and car slows down or put your foot down and she struggles on!!!

it's just like she is being strangled!!! can anyone help or throw some light on it !

i have an idea its the flap inside the inlet manifold sticking /stuck!!!!

has anyone had a similar problem Please help mav confused.gif