'Real' RS4 Stats - Please help!

steveooo

Hi Guru's

I have previously owned an 'Stage 2 AMD S3' and 'Standard S4' and now want to enter the 'Mans' league...

I am looking for the real life statistics that the Stealerships refrain to inform you and fully appreciate that the 2000/2001 RS4 is an expensive car to own and run though with our 32K budget i feel we should get a nice example?

My only real requirement for our animal is that it needs to be an estate hence the choice of the new S4 Avant or oldSkool RS4 no BMW or Merc estate really does it for me

1: because of the X2 kids

2: because of my other child is a motorcross bike cool.gif

so please can you guys help me out on this one with the following kind of 'Reallife' Stats

How much does to fill up the tank in £...?

How many miles do you 'average' from a tank

Average Full Service costs?

Average Half Service costs?

Cost of the Tyres- 'medioka tyres'

Known Problems to look out for (Dodgy Gearboxes, rattly suspension, etc....)

I asked these questions at our local stealer and they just gave me text book titte-tatty awnsers, i kind of said look im no fool so please do not tell me you get 37 MPG out of the 2003 4.8V8 S4 Avant and an average full service is £400..... (they had one on there forecourt and he wanted to sell it so badly) guys, my S3 wasn't even that cheap to run beerchug.gif

Or with 32K is the S4 avant an option- does it out kick the mighty RS4.

My missus said the RS4 is starting to look dated FIREdevil.gif, so i do appologise for her in advance jump.gif

Please help im so confused and 32K has left me with only one kidney so i need to make sure i can afford to run and own the beast.

Many Thanks

Steveooo

Plenty of V8 S4 Avants in the Audi dealer network from about £26K for an '03' plate onwards. I'd buy an approved used one as the Audi warranty is pretty comprehensive. As for stats, this is what mine is doing so far:

MPG: Average is 21. Lowest seen was 10. Best (on motorway) 30 but that was crawling along at 60. Generally on M/way with cruise on it'll do 26-27.

Cost for full tank: At today's rip-off prices, about £48-50

Tyres: kwik fit wanted £168 a corner for Eagle F1. Audi dealer did same tyre £140 each.