Five stars for R32

AlanH

.... 169144-ok.gif Nice one, Alan 169144-ok.gif JC at his best! Last night I dreamt I had a Mk5 R32 - Very worrying!! Shouldn't this post be in the R32 forum? - The Mods obviously had a debauched night out and are still snoring it off.

Edit: Hmm....I'm getting close to that 2,500 posts threshold where I get another weird title. I must say that I don't much like the titles which TSN 'award' the higher numbers of posts with.

The thing with the silver nose is that it's obviously the new corporate VW look as seen on the new Passat too. This means at some point when the Golf gets refreshed the rest of the range will have it too, and the R32 will stand out even less then!

At least the GTI's front end is more unique and aggressive.

That would have been great the GTI against the R32 - Unfortunately like all other journos they have pitched the new BMW 130 against it - I have seen a few pictures on other websites of JC at the airfield testtrack with the Silver R32 and the BMW -

I have mentioned this before but the BMW is a stupid car and is not comparible with the R32 - The following would be great: gti, new Impreza, New type R

The difference in handling is def what would interest me. Less slowing down for roundabouts in the R32! Trouble is that I surprise some other cars taking roundabouts fast even in the GTI - DSG Sports mode at its best! Best to keep the quick stuff for when you can see all around. What do you mean by the GTI being more "pointy", mu?

[ QUOTE ]

Clarkson does not have a ford gt - he got rid of it after it broke down and the alarm kept on going off.

I think the write up is ok but the real story will be left for tv as the report was too short

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif I think Clarkson does have a Ford GT - during the show at MPH05 he said he currently had one, then joked about how he liked them so much he had bought one twice !

Also during MPH05 he described the new R32 as "all the car you will ever need" ! 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Clarkson does not have a ford gt - he got rid of it after it broke down and the alarm kept on going off.

I think the write up is ok but the real story will be left for tv as the report was too short

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember reading recently he's got the ford Gt back again after Ford sorted it & the others out. I thought at the time it was a brave PR move on their part after all the trouble he had originally...

( only just seen your post bazza q )

It would be an interesting test as the R32 may suffer a bit in power-to-weight ratio as well as slower handling due to the upset balance. I guess it would win as it has been (just) given enough power to overcome those disadvantages but the 4WD would be of very little benefit on the tarmac track - unless it was wet.

Agree with the comments regarding the nose, once all the dull VAG boxes have a chrome moustache the R32 will not stand out at all. Don't like the wheels either, they look like they've got spokes missing

[ QUOTE ]

It would be an interesting test as the R32 may suffer a bit in power-to-weight ratio as well as slower handling due to the upset balance. I guess it would win as it has been (just) given enough power to overcome those disadvantages but the 4WD would be of very little benefit on the tarmac track - unless it was wet.

[/ QUOTE ]

totally agree 169144-ok.gif

I'd be surprised if the difference was more than a few tenths of a second. wink.gif