Wipers

Kell

Unbelievably Halfords say they don't stock (and can't get) wipers for a B6 Avant so I have a couple of questions.

Will the previous version (B5) blades fit?

I'm going to the dealers on Wednesday anyway, but wondered if it was worth stumping up an extra £35 and getting the aero wipers instead of spending £22 on just a couple of new blades.

Any thoughts of the debate of new v old? I've not been in a car with the new ones, but those people I know htat have them say they're worth the extra cash.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm going to the dealers on Wednesday anyway, but wondered if it was worth stumping up an extra £35 and getting the aero wipers instead of spending £22 on just a couple of new blades.

[/ QUOTE ]

£35! Autoglass have sold Bosch products since 4th September 2004. Not exactly sure on prices but I know they aren't that dear. Bosch are surely 'factory fit oe' for Audi?

Ian

Well - I don;t know how much they are from elsewhere, but VAGparts are quoting £55 (+VAT) for the lot. ie blades, wiper arms and whatever other associated fitments you need.

Their site is down at the mo otherwise I would link to it, but I figured that would be about he going rate given that the Bosach Aerotwin wipers for the TT are £80.

EDIT: actually, the site is going again, but you can't link to it as they seem to be using frames. ANyhow, £56.78 + VAT = £66.175

I wouldn't get the dealers to do it either, so was hoping that someone had already swapped because

a) they could tell me if it was worth it and,

b) tell me how to do it.

I'll ask them how much the parts are tomorrow and if they're cheaper than VAGparts I'll get them there.

[ QUOTE ]

Unbelievably Halfords say they don't stock (and can't get) wipers for a B6 Avant

[/ QUOTE ]

Just changed the standard blades on the wife's clio for aero type, i also had to go to the dealers because Halfords dont stock clio rear wipers. They are much better and give less smearing on dirty windows.

The dealers turned out to be cheaper for the new blades than halfords were anyway ROLLEY~14.GIF