R32 Test Drive

GTiMK5

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does annual milage make alot of difference. in my saab i averaged 10,000 miles a year (for 3 yrs) and thats what i told my insurance co for the GTI. im gonna be well over that by the looks of it. when should i tell them of that extra and do i mutiply 12 by 1 mths motoring or wait for the year end and tell them next year.

it's only a guide Jay. But it can make a difference. I struggle to get over 6k a year. Loughton/Buck Hill isn't a great area for theft though crazy.gif

My brother knocked £200 off his premium going from a £7k Golf 1.8T to a £20k Audi A3 3.2 confused.gif

I've never worked it out, seems about as random as the delivery times from Wolfsburg! grin.gif

Wait til your renewal date....You can't possibly be expected to know for certain how your mileage will pan out. Afterall, all of us GTI owners will soon have got over the novelty won't we lads! wink.gif Best to come clean when the renewal date comes. Your age and what you do for a living effects your insurance too. Did you know that if you are a professional driver your premium is higher!! While I have my Grumpy Old Man hat on, did you also know that even if you are registered blind you still have to pay a fat % of your TV licence!!!!! Makes me seethe!

Angry of Mayfair

Bomb the barstewards!! openfire.gif

Hi TwoSheds, I've answered this specific quezzie in another forum (have already forgotten which one! Geee, sometimes I can't get outta TSN!!).

I had a long chat with my insurer today cos I'm considering a suspension like Jay's. Approx +£200 on Excess and +£50 on Premium. They are totally happy about it (of course!! = more money for them)....That was for a Bilstein setup which is more expensive than Koni....Insurance costs are based on your purchase costs.

Re-mapping insurance extras are calculated according to 10% increments of bhp power increase thresholds. Hope this makes sesnse!

...I had a long chat with my insurer today cos I'm considering a suspension like Jay's. Approx +£200 on Excess and +£50 on Premium. They are totally happy about it (of course!! = more money for them)....That was for a Bilstein setup which is more expensive than Koni....Insurance costs are based on your purchase costs.

Re-mapping insurance extras are calculated according to 10% increments of bhp power increase thresholds. Hope this makes sesnse!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for that Robin ,

Its amazing isn't how quickly someone has the information you're after on TSN. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

GTiMK5 is there going to be any difference in insurance between your GTI and the R32?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would imagine so, not bothered checking it out yet because it had influence on my decision so is not relevant.

As for the special deal Red, not me mate but if you know of one I would be interested. 169144-ok.gif

Leman - do you have a drive, or are you parking on the street? Can't decide what's worse...if it's on the street anyone can come up and have a long look at it, if it's on the drive, they know which house to burgle!

I'm still in the 'nervous stage', not helped by the number of people coming up to me asking provocative/sarcastic questions about whether I'd like to sell it etc. openfire.gif