hijacking

daycartes

I can think of 2 things you might be thinking about:

1) there's a switch on the drivers door that disables the tilt sensor (which senses when the car is being jacked up) next time (only) the car is locked.

2) the anti-hijacking locking of the doors whenever the car exceeds a few mph (I don't think it's as high as 15mph). That needs setting by either the dealer or someone with VAG-COM (I did my own).

Which do you mean? - or even something different!

PetrolDave, i think your find that the 1) you mention is to disable the internal sensors. Ie so you can leave a window open, animals moving about inside the car whilst it is locked.

The auto lock , or anti hijack is a dealer or vagcom enabled feature as mentioned.

Ive done it on my S3, and on Danksy's A4.

[ QUOTE ]

PetrolDave, i think your find that the 1) you mention is to disable the internal sensors. Ie so you can leave a window open, animals moving about inside the car whilst it is locked.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's 2 switches on the drivers door of my S4 (and the A4 and S4 before) - one disables the interior sensor (as you describe), and the other disables the tilt sensor (as I described).

As I said I enabled the "lock when moving" feature using VAG-COM myself some months ago.

So, in my experience of owning an A4 and 2 S4's, there is two features that could be what have been described in this thread ("anti-jack")- I was seeking clarification of which of the two is being asked about cool.gif

Sorry Dave!, I stand corrected! blush.gif

I dont have said feature or ever seen it 169144-ok.gif

Ive enabled everything within the locking options iirc.

Locking confirmation Beep. (very handy wouldnt be without it)

Autolock.

Two button unlocking.

Windows up/down with remote was already set

Hi Thanks to all who have answered this thread. To clarify then its the second option ie the anti hijacking mode where the car locks itself when you are doing 5mph. I have had this set by my local audi dealer for the princely sum of £38, which is quite steep I think, if it is just the flick of a switch. If it is more complicated then the cost is justified to some extent. I am curious as to how it is done and would like to know how, so that I can reverse the setting at some time in the future. Once again thanks for the replies and sorry for the delay in my response to you.

It is set by connecting up the diagnostic computer and altering a single setting - takes less than five minutes. A number of people on here have VAG-COM, which emulates the dealer's diagnostic system. I have never charged anyone for use of VAG-COM. If you are in reach of one of the local meets, then you'll probably find someone there who has VAG-COM.