Please answer

Trip

Hello all. I have a left hand drive 330i sport (2000 model). I am very pleased with the car but I am having a hard time trying to figure out if the BMW service centre here has installed the correct right hand side mirror assembly (i.e. the mirror, the housing - bsically the whole lot) that was torn out following an accident.

The problem is that I can hardly see the car behind me on my right hand side (rougly a meter behind an 1 1/2 to 2 meters to the right) with the new assembly; it comes out reflected in the side mirror on the far right after the area where a vertical line marks where the mirror begings to concave. Or in other words, on the concave "part"

I went to the parking lot today to compare the side views both with right hand side and the left hand side mirrors and it seems that I can see beter with the left hand side mirror as opposed to the right.

I have discussed this with several people and I was told that I am encountering this problem either because I have an assembly installed for a right hand drive vehicle or I am adjusting my mirror incorrectly (i.e. that I should adjust it so that it is facing further out even though I cannot see the back end of my car anymore as is the "norm" for European cars since it automatically adjusts itself to the reverse position when the car is shifted to reverse)

Any suggestions on this matter would be GREATLY appreciated.

..............And thanks in advance laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif