Thinking of buying TT - Cost of Servicing

CLARE123

I'm thinking of buying a TT, it's an Xreg with 80k on, full audi service history, I keep getting told they cost an awful lot to maintain however I really want one are they that expensive? How much is it for example for a service. You're help or advice would be much appreciated. I've been on a few forums and I've heard how amazing the cars are.

TTs are as cheap to maintain as any other Audi.

Mine costs around £300 for a service - every 19k miles, works out around £200 per year. Eats around £400 worth of tyres in less time though!

The only things that cost more over a stadard A3 or similar is the Haldex 4WD system - oil every 20k and filter every 40k.

Brake fluid change every 2 years costs £60 or so. Insurance is even £400 or so which is pretty good - Group 18.

Nothing has gone wrong on mine over 3 years apart from a coil pack (of course) - fixed in 30mins by Audi assistance and a buzzing speaker.

• 2 weeks later...

Depends if it's on AVS or fixed.

AVS servicing means the car will go twice as long between services, but then it costs twice as much to service - so it's swings and roundabouts.

Think my second AVS at 33,000 miles was about £330.

Just make sure that the car you're thinking of buying has had the cambelt (and water pump) changed. Shou'd be done around that sort of mileage (should really be done at about 60k) and that's a £600 bill. Or a £4,500 bill if you don't do it and it snaps.