A6: Canyon red what is it like

peb

I am soon buying a 2.0 tdi se A6. Currently the only ones around with the spec/price that I want are canyon red with grey leather interior. As they are some distance away my local dealer says that I would have to commit to buy. I am not sure about the colour on the car. Does Canyon Red suit the car?

Hope somebody can help me.

peb

Yeah, without a doubt, the sport version of any car is always more desirable, I just sold my A6 sport avant for about £2k more than an equivilent SE model, even though it was only £500 more when it was ordered.

Has it got the speed cloth/leather combo and exterior s-line package? That is now part of the s-line pack where as it wasn't a couple of months ago, also you get free dvd nav+ at the moment on the 2.0tdi so take that into account too. (it is cd nav, but they can't make enough of them or something so you get the full dvd nav instead).

Also you can get about 10% off list on a new one, so also take this into account.

Afriend has ordered a black 2.0tdi s-line, which comes with nav, leather etc. and has also added the better climate control, dimming mirror, phone prep and heated seats, it came to just under £30k list and he ended up paying £27k for it.

All the used ones were around £25k with no spec at all, so be careful what you pay, with the leather and nav now standard people will want all this when you come to sell.

Nav will give you around £1000 more come sale time, every car I have sold with Nav has got at least this over same specced cars with out it.

Even glass' guide is adding £500 trade in on Audis with Nav, you may find that by the time you come to sell the car Glass' is saying deduct £1000 if there is no nav, they do on the 5 series, X5, M3 etc. as 90% of cars are now ordered with it.

Too much money mate to be honest, I would spec up a new S-LINE on drivethedeal or similar and take that in to them, use your quote as ammo.

You could order a new 06 plate 2.0TDi in black with leather, full s-line exterior kit, 18" RS6 alloys heated seats, bluetooth phone and nav for another grand.

And there is only about 8 week wait for delivery.